CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

SUPER EXCITED!!! C25K - W1D1 Done!

Yep that's right! This morning I completed Week 1 Day 1 of the C25K program.

I have always wanted to be able to run, and a few years ago I started this program, but my Dr's advice at the time was to just walk, not run. So I stopped after just 1 run. When I was in high school, I did run for a couple of months and didn't do too badly in my senior cross country run, but a bout of tonsillitis meant I stopped and never restarted.

So, running has always been something I've wanted to do and I like the feeling of speed and freedom (as opposed to walking which seems like a drudgery).

I've been thinking about doing this program again for a while, but you are supposed to do it 3 days per week and I was trying to work out how to do that with the girls in tow.

Well, last night I decided I could do the early weeks in my back yard - its not huge, but I can do a reasonable figure-8 pattern, especially as most of the early few weeks are walking.

So, I downloaded a podcast to my iPod, and this morning I got out and did it!

But the best bit... about half way through it started to rain and instead of stopping like I once would have, I kept on going!!

I feel great, and am so pleased I was able to keep it up. I just wish I'd taken a picture afterwards of me in my rain soaked clothes, covered in lawn clippings that were flicking up, but wearing an enormous grin!

My plan is to do Week 1 today, Friday, and Mon, Wed and Fri of next week, then progress to Week 2. I think the couple of extra attempts at week 1 will be good to gain confidence, and then, in my true OCD style, I can start each new week on a Monday LOL

For the first few weeks, I'll stay at home, but then once I progress to slightly longer runs, I'll have to find somewhere that I can run, with the pram... that will be a challenge, as running with the pram is vastly different to walking with it, but I'll worry about that as I approach week 4!


So after this morning excitement, the rest of today could pale in significance LOL

Although, the day is going to be a fairly busy one... We are going up to town today and staying the night at my brothers house.

This afternoon we are meeting some friends at the bike park so all the children (7 of them!) can ride and play and we mum's can catch up... although considering G is really bad at bike riding I will no doubt end up spending most of the afternoon helping her LOL

I'm also planning on ducking into one more jeans shop to compare the skinny jeans I bought yesterday to another pair I was recommended.

And finally, tonight we are having a "family dinner" - it will be myself and my girls, my youngest two brothers and their girlfriends... except this will be the first time we're meeting one of the girlfriends! It will be a fun night and I hope the poor girl isn't put off by the rest of us... we can be rather loud and obnoxious around each other LOL Oh and then when you add in my girls who are just ratbags, well, this girl won't know what hit her! But, if she can handle us tonight, she'll be able to handle anything LOL

Then, tomorrow is my day to be Guinea Pig for J's new employee at her beauty salon - my legs are hairy and awaiting waxing ROFL.

And yes, I'm so excited and happy about this morning's efforts that I'm all giggly and rambly, so I think I'll stop right now LOL

3 comments:

Marianna

Sounds great! I keep planning to start this program too...

Theresa

Thanks Marianna, I'll keep posting my updates and we'll see if it works!

yublocka

Go you Theresa!! I love the feeling after a good workout!! Wish that motivated me to do it mroe often ehehe!

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me your comments! I love to read and respond to them all :)