I dropped 3 full bags of clothes (some mine, mostly the girls) to the local Vinnies, I also dropped in a box full of books/toys that the girls have outgrown.
There is also another bag at my front door waiting to go on my next trip (more old baby/children things), and I emptied the 2 remaining packing boxes that were still in my bedroom from when I moved in October! (My bedroom is now looking fabulous!)
Definitely de-cluttering!! So I'm not sure if its the caffeine, or my newfound desire to stick to routines and keep my house tidy, or if its the influence of my recent FlyLady reading, but whatever it is, I'm happy!
Of course, this pales in significance to what is probably still in the house to be dealt with... I can see at least 2 more packing boxes from here that need to be done, and know there are at least 2 more in the girls room, and more than I care to think about in the office/sewing room. I will get there though!!
Fitness
hmmmm feeling a touch sore after yesterdays C25K. Mainly that one knee just seems to twinge every now and then, and the hip on that same leg is a bit iffy. I'm curious to see how they cope with tomorrow's W2D3 run... I just hope they don't deteriorate so that I can't keep this up before I see my Dr in mid-May.
I'm pretty sure that my running around de-cluttering this morning has been beneficial too!
Clothing
Miss 4 told me she didn't like what I was wearing today... because it was a horrible colour! This is the girl that always wears skirts or dresses and must have pink on though, so its not overly surprising! Fortunately I am not offended if she doesn't like my outfit choices LOL
New brown thrifted shirt-dress, knee length leggings, ballet flats, black belt & red beads.
I feel really chic and "fit for purpose" today - lots of running around here, the school runs and swimming lessons for G.
I have noticed that I really do need new black ballet flats... As with my worn-to-death black summer sandals, these are just a very cheap pair and the offer zero support. But, from looking back over my outfits since starting this blog alone, I can see I use my black sandals and ballet flats a LOT.
So both new black summer sandals and black ballet flats are going to go on my Shopping List - and I'm going to actually spend the money and buy good quality this time - the cost per wear will be next to nothing and I'm sure my feet will be happier!
Spending
Paid for this term's swimming lesson fees today. *sigh* Children really are expensive LOL
My cash allowance left over from last week is about $20 and will probably disappear tomorrow - I'm having dinner with my brothers and some friends and I think I'm doing a dessert - I've always wanted to attempt to make Bombe Alaska so I'll need to grab some ingredients for that.



2 comments:
Children say all kinds of things! :) You look great. I subscribed to flylady for a while, but the infinite number of emails got to me after a while and I signed off.
Thanks LOP - they certainly do and I would imagine having two daughters means we'll all be having some interesting views on each others outfits as they get older!!
You know, I stopped subscribing to FlyLady in the past because of the email thing too, but when I signed up again yesterday they have an option now where you can just get the Daily Digest version - I like this much better as its only 1 per day and I can just plan my following day to include the things they email out.
Post a Comment
Thanks for leaving me your comments! I love to read and respond to them all :)