CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, April 23, 2010

Knees & Ankles

Fitness

I'm scared. My left knee has been twinging since last run and was really sore last night when I went to bed, and now today my right ankle is really sore too. I don't want to have any soreness - I just want to keep running... And this isn't muscle soreness - this is joint soreness so I don't really know what to do :( My appt to see my Dr is still another 3 weeks away...

I do think its because I don't have a good quality pair of shoes, and the uneven hip/leg length, but I can't do much about either at the moment.

So now I don't know if I should just stick to walking until I've seen the Dr and sought her opinion, or if I should try and persevere?

Today should be W2D3, but seeing as its the weekend that the girls go to their Dad's, and I am staying in town with my brothers all weekend, I wont actually get a chance to run before I go. But my brothers girlfriend walks for 1-1.5hrs each day so I will try and go for a walk with her this afternoon so I at least do something while I think/research what I should be doing with this darned knee and ankle...

Clothing

It's only 12.30pm and I'm already on my second reincarnation of today's outfit! We had a lot of rain last night and the mud on my car managed to get all over my pants... yes, I'm a bit of a klutz when it comes to things like this LOL

Pic #1: black flat boots, black skinnies, jade 3/4 sleeve faux wrap top, black cami, black beads & red bag.
Pic #2: swapped jeans and boots for a-line denim skirt and black ballet flats.


I could easily see #2 with my boots as well but I cleaned the mud off them and packed them ready for the weekend.

I'm also having hair issues again... as much as I like it shorter, I can't afford to have it cut as often as it needs, so I'm going to try and grow it a bit longer and see how it goes...

Spending

$18 on the ingredients for tonight's dessert. I'm definitely doing a Bombe Alaska, so to save on time and having "banned ingredients" in my house (ie Wheat!) I bought a supermarket sponge cake, ice cream and some more of my decaf coffee sachets (they didn't have any decaf throughout the week and I can't drink the real stuff LOL). Apparently my brother is doing a BBQ and potato bake for mains.

I just hope my dessert works!!!

So that's me for the week - I'll be back after the weekend and will hopefully have some pics from The McClymonts concert I'm going to this weekend (my ticket is a gift from my brother so YAY to not spending money on that!).

2 comments:

Kendra

One thing I would recommend trying is taking a Glucosamine and Condroitin supplement. It is supposed to help lubricate the joints better. It works really well on people and even animals with arthritis (without it my parents dog can barely walk from athritic pain).

Also, try soaking in a hot bath when you can (I know this is hard with kids to be looked after), but I find it really helps my joints loosen up after a good workout.

Lastly make sure you are drinking enough, and more than enough water!! Not being hydrated enough will definitely affect you. :)

Hang in there you can do it!!

Theresa

Thanks for all the tips Kendra - I really appreciate it!!

I strapped my knee for today's run and it was LOADS better - I think it just needs that little bit of support.

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me your comments! I love to read and respond to them all :)