Today I completed Week 1 Day 3 of the C25K plan and I'm feeling good! I'm feeling a bit impatient and want to just be able to run, but I'm really determined to do this properly, so will stick with these early weeks! Two more days at Week 1 level, and then I will go up to Week 2 next Monday YAY!
I seem to recover very quickly after each run though, so I'm not sure if that just means my body is actually not as bad as I thought, or if it means I need to work harder... I don't know what a good recovery time is though!
Tomorrow while both girls are at school/kindy I'm going to go for a bit of a look around to see where else I could run - I'm enjoying doing this at home because the girls are occupied, but if I can find a nice place to run where they can play safely, I'd prefer it because my current path is small and I feel like I want to stretch out a bit more - I just get into a groove and I have to turn around!
And as a quick update, this morning after my run and shower, I weighed 56.5kgs - that means I'm up 500g or just over 1lb. So that means that I must be eating enough to cope with the increased exercise... although having G's birthday cake in the fridge is probably helping LOL. Will try and do this every Monday morning so I have an accurate idea of how its going - I really can't afford to lose any weight at all...
Clothing
No pics today - last day of school hols, G's birthday and a day full of home jobs means that I'm just hanging out in a singlet and short skirt. Nothing exciting!
But, after mentioning last week about my wardrobe and how I have a lot I rarely wear, I have been thinking long and hard, and come up with the following rules/strategies for any and all future shopping!
- Focus on Summer Clothing! Particularly cotton dresses, and preferably styles that can be winterised. So lots of dresses, well fitting shorts and cotton tops.
- Winter shopping should be limited to layering pieces (to work with above dresses), tunics/short dresses that can be worn over jeans/tights and the occasional heavier weight knit dress for the cooler days.
- Good Quality Summer Shoes. I think nothing (well, very little) of spending $80 on a pair of winter boots that will get worn for a total of 3-4 months per year, yet spend the rest of the year in cheap $15 slip on sandals that I have to replace frequently. So from now on, decent quality summer sandals are a must.
- Lots of accessories. I think if I accessorise well I can get away with wearing most of my wardrobe all year round. Wintery accessories for winter and summery ones for summer - I'm thinking scarves, necklaces etc.
So, as of today, I shall endeavour to shop with these 4 points in mind and hopefully this time next year, my "wear" to "not wear" ratio of clothing will have reversed!
Spending
None today - a nice quiet day at home means not going anywhere near places I can spend my money and I'm very happy about that! I will no doubt receive the kindy fees account for this term tomorrow when I drop G off, so its a good thing I'm not spending so much at the moment!


0 comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for leaving me your comments! I love to read and respond to them all :)