CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

First Day of School Hols

And the girls are having a lovely day!

Fitness

OK anyone who has grocery shopped with a couple of kids in tow will confirm that doing this, this morning, was definitely a work out LOL. Yep, man-handling the full trolley, whilst keeping kids in check is certainly *fun*. Thankfully the girlies were so excited to be doing something they haven't done for ages, that they were very well behaved and had a great time!

In related news, I ended up having to buy a whole new bike pump but now have the pram tyres pumped up, so have finally sorted that saga out. Turns out my pump was actually broken, and that's why the connection I bought wasn't working.

And, as I type this, I'm sitting outside while the girls are riding their bikes... well E can ride fairly well, but G needs a lot of help... so its lovely seeing them get outside and do a spot of exercising too.

Clothing

I'm not super thrilled with today's outfit. Yes, I think it looked ok, and it is certainly a beachy/casual kind of look that fits with where I live, but I didn't really feel like me in it...



What do you think? I just feel its a little too boho for my liking. Oh and I actually changed these shoes for my plain brown leather flip flops - I felt like a belly dancer or something with this skirt and those shoes together! I think I can only handle 1 little diversion from conservative, not too many LOL

After Saturday's disappointing day shopping, I happened to pop into a little shop today that sells skinny jeans. Well, I bought a pair, and I'm currently wearing them to see how the go after a whole day of wear. They were $40 and not next on my budget - my $30 cardi was, but I'm happy to swap these two items around if this jeans do indeed pan out. I can't say no to jeans if I find a pair that actually fit!

Spending

Today was pay day, so also grocery day. Happily, I came in $70 under budget for groceries today. But as last fortnight showed, I can't really count this as a great saving just yet - there will no doubt be other expenses that crop up this fortnight that I haven't budgeted for and this surplus will end up going there.

I think the amount I have allocated to groceries will end up being designated to groceries, and other household expenses.

Buying my little coffee sachet things has worked brilliantly. I have been having a coffee before I go out on the days I'm going anywhere, and a coffee at home is really all I need to keep me satisfied - and the beauty of the sachet's is that I don't need to have milk in my house!

And, as I mentioned above, I swapped my clothing purchase for this fortnight with next fortnight... Instead of the cardi, I've bought my skinny jeans. But, if these jeans do pan out, I will have saved $60 on my "jeans allowance" so I'm keeping my fingers and toes and everything else crossed that they are indeed the perfect jeans for me for this winter.

Actually, on this topic, I've been mulling over whether I'm better off spending a lot on things like skinny jeans, or buying cheaper (but still flattering) versions. I'm thinking that for this winter, as I explore my new-found attempt at style, I'm probably better off buying the cheaper version so I can be sure that they do work in my life, and are still affordable.

Then, as we approach next winter, if I find I really do live in skinny jeans, and these are starting to show it, I can be on the look out for a higher quality pair that will last several years. I have no doubt that premium denim is worth the price for every day items, so if skinny jeans do become wardrobe staples, then I won't mind paying for decent quality.

I feel like I kind of did this over summer - muddled through with cheaper versions of things, and now I know where I want to invest my summer wardrobe budget - I've seen the things I use most and the things I like to wear, so now I can look out for the good quality pieces.

2 comments:

yublocka

I like your outfit as-is Theresa, but then again I like boho. I was thinking a lighter, less rigid bag would work better with the dress and sandals, but if that's not the look you're going for, feel free to ignore! :)

I think your ideas re the skinnies is a good one. I know with my first pair I bought 2 at once (1 blue, 1 black) on a great deal from a Jeanswest outlet. After finding I lived in them, about a year later I have invested in a few premium pairs that fit me a lot better (higher rise, less baggy etc). You've got to start somewhere though, and its great to know that you're forking out for $$ for something eventually that you'll wear a lot. Having said that I still wear my jeanswest ones alot too!! What's the lesson in that? I don't know :)

Theresa

Oh Good Idea about the bag Tam - maybe if I go all out boho it will feel better LOL I should see if I can pick up a slouchy bag next op shop trip...

LOL I don't know the lesson in that either, but perhaps that's a good sign that my Jeanswest skinnies will still be in use even if I do wear them heaps and get some premiums skinnies!

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me your comments! I love to read and respond to them all :)