CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

C25K - W1 D4 & Lessons Learned

Fitness

This morning I had planned to get up at 6.15am and do my C25K run before I took E to school... but when I woke up, they were both still fast asleep, and I can guarantee if I got up and went outside they would have woken. Seeing as they were both very tired last night I thought they needed the sleep in, so I decided I would just do the run once I got home. So instead, I stayed in bed til the girls woke, and went about my morning as usual.

Then, once home, I did W1D4... I REALLY struggled with this today :( But, I think there are a few contributing factors and feel like I have learned some valuable lessons.

  1. I had breakfast first and then just over an hour later (once home from the school run), did my run. I actually got a tiny stitch and felt myself needing to wee because I'd had much more fluids before the run than usual.
  2. I changed my podcasts... I have been using the Chubby Jones Podcasts, but today used a different one - I figured I was doing Week 1 for 2 extra sessions, so I would try out some others. I really didn't like today's at all - the Chubby ones talk you through the run, telling you when you are on your last run, encouraging you etc, but the one today just had a 5 second countdown between each change, and I found myself not sure where I was up to and my mind was wandering. I need the constant checking in to know where I'm at, and I need the encouragment.
  3. G often needs to go to the toilet and have her bottom wiped/checked around an hour after breakfast... right in the middle of this mornings run!
So, from now on (at least in these earlier weeks until I find somewhere better to run), I think I am just going to get up early, get the girls breakfast ready, and then go run - they will get up no doubt, and can bring their breakfast outside and eat while I run. That's what we did over the school hols and it worked well - except obviously we didn't have any time restraints then!

Ideally I want to run elsewhere, but I can see it posing logistical issues initially... I'm sure I'll get it sorted out though!

Clothing

Well, no pic today because I'm mainly at home, but I'm very happy to announce that...

I THINK ITS FINALLY AUTUMN!!!

Yes, since we had a lot of rain on Monday night and off and on yesterday, its been much cooler than usual - this morning E even wanted to take a jumper to school! So, I feel like I can finally start to think about ways to add a cardi or similar layer to my outfits for mornings/evenings.

YIPPEEEEE!!!!

(Yes, after a looooong summer, I'm excited LOL)

Spending

Definitely wont be spending anything today... I'm even more depressed about my current finances now that I have opened today's mail...

Firstly, seeing as it rained for 3 months over summer, but was still very hot, I was using my air conditioner and my clothes dryer a lot... so my quarterly electricity bill is almost $350 - I had budgeted around $250 a quarter based on previous accounts - but it hasn't rained for 3 months since I was a child so that extra clothes dryer usage really has cost me dearly.

Then, I opened my internet account to discover that they STILL haven't fixed my billing issues. I am on a plan that is entitled to a rebate each month, but they haven't activated it correctly, and to be honest, I don't think the guys in the store really have a clue what they are doing. I'm so frustrated that this will be the second account in a row that I have had to take into them and show them their mistakes... I've even done up a spreadsheet to show them what's wrong.

So, two bills that are more than I expected :( I'm not paying the internet bill til they correct it though.

It just means a VERY lean month or two now that I have an extra $250+ in bills that I hadn't counted on. Definitely no new clothes for me, and perhaps, even no thrifting so I can reduce my cash allowance to help pay these off.

I feel so helpless at times like this because I really don't have anyway of increasing my income at this point in time, and my expenses are pretty much the bare minimum as it is.

*sigh* I know I will get through this, but I just hate that it means my credit card is not going to be paid off any time soon, and I'm continuing to have zero savings for even longer... something I find just plain scary....

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me your comments! I love to read and respond to them all :)