CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Decisions... 5k Runs...

I was just looking at the kind-of-local Road Runners club, and it turns out that every year they have a 5k and 10k run challenge series... who'd have thought LOL

Anyway, in the middle of May, they have one and also at the beginning of August - these are the next two in the challenge series.

The May event will be when I'm at around Week 6 of the C25K program, and the August even is around 17 weeks away - so well after the end of the 10 week program.

So, I'm starting to wonder if perhaps, I should consider competing (and I use that term VERY loosely LOL) in these events.

I probably wouldn't be able to complete the first one as a full run, but I would imagine I could by the second event.

I'm scared though... that's really putting myself out there and I don't know if I'm ever going to be comfortable doing that!

One other thing that kind of makes me want to do it (besides all the other great reasons I can think of!), is that my lovely psychiatrist is a member of the running club and often competes. She is currently on long service leave so I'm not seeing her, but I think it would be kind of nice to show her that I'm doing ok - and we've previously discussed my desire to get fit.

I'm going to ask my brother's girlfriend, J, if she'd like to join me... she has just started personal training so it might be a nice goal for her to work towards too...

So, stay tuned, I'm likely to talk myself in and out of this a million times LOL

Tonight, though, I think I am going to do it!

2 comments:

Anonymous

Theresa, I really think you can do it! I ran my first 5K on my birthday a couple of years back as a kind of celebration. I was super nervous because I'd never done anything like that before and was concerned I might end up completely humiliating myself, but it was great and I got such a feeling of accomplishment. Here's a post I made about it on my other blog:

http://adventuresincarpooling.blogspot.com/2008/11/my-first-5k.html

Just give it a try! It'll be fun!

Theresa

Thank you so much for sharing your experience Natalie!

I think you've summed up my feelings well :)

I'm pretty sure I'm going to do... the 2nd one will be about a week after my 31st birthday - maybe actually running it could be my gift to myself!

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me your comments! I love to read and respond to them all :)