CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Pre-Birthday Mode, and an upcoming Concert!

Fitness

Nothing official today, although I do need to mow the lawn this afternoon!

My baby, G, will be 4 on Monday, so tomorrow morning we are having a little morning tea for just her immediate family, so today I've been running around in "pre-birthday" mode - baking a cake, cleaning the house, getting organised etc.

In related news, I've really increased my water intake the past few days, and for the past couple of weeks I've been really focussing on my posture - I think its amazing how much these two small things are making me feel so much better. Although having sleep ins over the school hols has me feeling a bit more lethargic and wanting to go to bed more - can't wait to get back into my normal routine.

Clothing

Definitely no pics again today LOL I'm in daggy shorts and a boob tube - very unflattering on my peary body, but its comfy and reasonably cool!

I have sorted my wardrobe out and cleaned my bedroom though. I had my wardrobe sorted into tops/bottoms one side, and dresses the other. But I found this annoying, so what I have done now, is put all the frequently worn things in one side, and all the other stuff (out of season, fancy frocks, rarely/unworn items etc) in the other side.

This has REALLY opened my eyes to just how much I have that isn't worn very often at all :( I definitely have more on the "unworn" side than I do the regularly worn side. I'd heard the statistic that most women wear 20% of their wardrobe 80% of the time... and after this little experience I would say that I fit in with that. And its really highlighted how much stuff I buy that I love, but have no occasion to wear...

So, yet another reason to be more mindful of clothing purchases, and to hopefully try and incorporate some of the unworn items into my regular rotation.

Spending

Nothing today, BUT, I have an unexpected expense coming up next fortnight...

Yesterday, the fabulous Aussie band, Powderfinger, announced they were calling it quits :( Now this makes me sad, but the upside is that we get a farewell tour!

On April 30th the tickets for the October concert go on sale. We rarely get big names make it to my little town, but they are coming to our show grounds and I am not going to miss it if there is anyway possible for me to get there! The concert is even more sweet because the support band, Jet, is another one of my favourite Aussie bands *happy dance*!!

I have no idea how much tickets will be, but have just had a bit of a look at my budget and if I forgo my clothing budget I'm sure I can afford them... And I will happily forgo clothing if I get a ticket!

Actually, I'm very excited about this! I can't wait, and well, it may well take me until October to work out what I'm going to wear LOL

1 comments:

yublocka

Ow I didn't hear about Powderfinger breaking up. So sad!!! I might try and get tix to the Melb show too.

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me your comments! I love to read and respond to them all :)