My life as a whole has been on my mind a lot... pretty much ever since the 30DLBL Challenge in September! I feel like I've finally got my head in the space where I know what I want from life and have some plans in place to make a start.
I've divided my life into four key areas:
- My Daughters - this goes without saying - they are my #1 priority.
- Financial Well Being - without this, I can't achieve half as much as I want.
- Physical Well Being - this includes fitness, health, beauty, style.
- Mental Well Being - ok this is a big one LOL. This covers mental health and stimulation, continuing creativity, career for the future and my spiritual needs.
So, how do these grand lofty plans work in reality?? Good Question!! And I'm sure its going to be a work in progress and need constant reassessment. But initially...
1. My Daughters - I don't really think I need to plan too much for this one - I just keep pottering along with our life, adapting as things change.
2. Financial Well Being - I have a new budget, new financial way of living, new budgeting and planning system, and some ideas of the point I'd like to eventually get to in my life... The BIG plans include building my own home (I already have the design!), and traveling to Italy. So, in order to achieve these big things, I need to really work extra hard at keeping all the little day to day things on track.
3. Physical Well Being - Exercise and Diet are going to be big parts of my life from now on... not to lose weight at all, just to maintain my weight and improve my fitness levels. This should in turn, lead to better health. Beauty and Style means I am going to continue taking care of my skin and doing the things I am doing there, as well as getting my wardrobe on track. But I blogged about that here, so at least I have a plan for that! I also intend to showcase my creations and style evolution both here and at our other blog, Three Crafty Girls.
4. Mental Well Being - I'm not worried about my mental health for now, and I believe that by focusing on my other mental health areas, mental stimulation will follow. Continued creativity will involve more sewing and designing, and will work to cover my Style goals as well. Possibly one day even, meeting my career goals too... My immediate career goals are a bit blurry though. Here in Australia, parents receiving single parent welfare must prove that they are volunteering, studying or working for a minimum of 15hrs per week (lots of conditions apply to what they include as these things), by the time the youngest child is 6 years of age, to continue receiving any benefits. G will be 6 in April 2012, so I do still have some time, but I want to work towards obtaining employment or studying as soon as possible, so I'm not left in a mad rush to find just any old thing as the deadline approaches. As my daughters are my #1 priority, I need to ensure that any work or study I do, does not interfere negatively with their lives... Spirituality is something I'm still working on... Plan to come!
Of course, I'm making more in depth plans for things like diet and exercise, and have already blogged my more in depth style plan, so I wont bore anyone to tears with that!
I finally feel that for the first time in my life, I have a clear vision of what I want, and a rough plan on how to get there that doesn't involve winning lotto or marrying a millionaire!! (Although if either of those happen, I am certainly not going to complain LOL!!!)
Let's see what 2011 brings!


0 comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for leaving me your comments! I love to read and respond to them all :)