CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 3, 2011

Diet, Exercise & Sleep Log

In order to remain on task, focused, and be accountable, I have just set up a Diet, Exercise and Sleep Log in a Google Document.  I plan on updating this everyday, so anyone who pops in can have a look and see how I'm going.  The link to the document will remain in the column to the left.

Feel free to check out my log as often as you like, and leave me comments here if you think I'm slackening off or not sticking to my plan! 

Oh, the plan!  That would help wouldn't it!

OK, so starting today, Monday January 1st 2011, I am planning to:

  • Go to bed by 9.30pm each night, and wake at 7.30am each morning.  Once school goes back at the end of January, my wake up time will be 6.30am.  (Occasional nights out are allowed!)
  • Exercise a minimum of twice per week this week, and add an extra work out as the weeks progress so that in 5 weeks, I am doing something every day.  Initially, I am focusing on cardio by using my treadmill, and stretching/balancing by using the yoga component of Wii Fit.  I also want to add in some muscle building exercises.  "Something" every day will most likely be 4 or 5 real workouts, with 2 or 3 activities being anything that is physically active even if not an official workout - playing golf or tennis on the Wii with the girls, jumping on the Trampoline with them, playing on the beach... basically, anything that gets me moving.
  • I have no need to lose/gain weight anymore, so my main focus is to maintain my current weight.  My dietary focus will be on eating healthy, nutritious foods that are tasty.  As I have issues with Low Blood Sugar levels, I am going to eat often - 3 meals per day and 3 snacks.  I will adjust the portion sizes as necessary depending upon how my body reacts to the increased exercise!  Another focus will be to get back to being predominately Wheat and Dairy Free.  I do have a number of other food allergies, but with the work of my specialists, I am now at the stage where I can eat pretty much everything without the ill-effects I used to have, however I can only eat these things in small quantities now, and my body truly is best without any Wheat at all, and only very minimal Dairy.  Of course, I'm a lover of all things Dairy and Wheat, so this is quite a difficult thing for me to stick to!

I'll be completely honest and say I've never stuck to any exercise or diet plan ever in my life, but I'm looking at this as more of a whole of life habit change, and seeing as we are on school holidays, and have 3 weeks left, I plan to create new routines, and hope these new habits are well ingrained by the time the chaos of "back to school" kicks in...

Let's see how I go!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me your comments! I love to read and respond to them all :)