CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, December 30, 2010

2010

Seeing as its New Year's Eve's Eve, and I've been thinking a lot about what a big year I've had, I decided to write about it.  I wish I had more pics of these things...

My Year of Firsts

At the start of the year I wanted to do at least one new thing each month.  I kind of lost track along the way, but here are some of my "Firsts":
  • Attended my first B&S Ball, Bullride, Pop-Country Concert, Rocky Cup Race Day, Powderfinger Concert (and sadly, last as the group has disbanded :( ), Carols by the Beach, and... my first Aussie YLF Meet Up.
  • New activities I've tried include Pistol Shooting, Go Carting and learning to play the Wii
  • Other Firsts - giving my phone number to a strange man... hmm only 1... I'm sure there's been more, but that's the only obvious one!
My Year of Revelations

Here's just some of the things I've realised this year:

  • All my style revelations as posted about yesterday
  • How much happier I am living with just my daughters in our new town
  • I've worked out that my passion is in being creative
  • That I need to slow my life down and live as minimalistically as possible in order to retain any sanity I may have
  • I've also worked out what my personal life priorities are (I'll blog about this another day!)

Highlights and Lowlights

This one could be tricky - I feel like the whole year has been up and down...

  • Socialising more in the first half of the year was great fun, but totally exhausting, and I'm already over it!  So this is a highlight because it was fun and taught me some lessons.
  • Some family tensions worsened... a lowlight for sure.
  • Seeing my daughters thrive both physically and mentally, and slowing making progress with G's emotional problems...  another highlight - despite being hard work and consisting of some lows, we are getting there slowly.
  • Making some wonderful new friends where I live - definitely a highlight!
  • My health over winter was appalling so this was definitely a low.
  • My car issues... financially & as far as stress levels go, a lowlight for certain, but also a highlight in that having a new car means I no longer need to worry about  reliability!
  • My mental health - I have still been seeing my psychiatrist monthly and we are both very happy with how well this year has been for me, so definitely a highlight.  This has probably been the first full year with no major depressive episodes!!
I'm sure there's been more, but these are probably the biggies!

Overall, I think 2010 has been a great year for my little family. 

We are truly in the groove now, of being a single parent plus two child family, our bond is closer than ever, and I love the people my daughters are becoming.  I love my daughters more than I thought ever possible, so this makes me incredibly happy.

We are settled into our new lives as a family of school age children and all the joy that comes with that.  The girls have made lovely friends as well, and also joined some sporting activities they love.


Yes, this life thing can be hard work, but I think its all worth it!

So here's to another year full of firsts, revelations and more highlights than lowlights!

Let's bring on 2011!!!

2 comments:

yublocka

Oooih nice blog redesign! Can't wait to see the TBA either! Sounds like 2010 has been fullon for you as well. Glad the good has outweighed the bad. But still, bring on 2011 I say!!

Theresa

Thanks Tam - I was so excited to Google template designs and make a change LOL

And yes, bring on 2011!! I hope its sensational for both of us :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me your comments! I love to read and respond to them all :)