Seriously! I LOVE going to the fabric store - we only have one store with minimal stock here, but... the colours, the textures, the prints, the trims... there is nothing I love more than spending hours going up and down rows of fabric, having a little feel of everything as I go along! Of course, it doesn't take hours in my local store - that's just a memory of my times shopping in larger fabric stores when visiting other cities!
I had been given some money for Christmas that I earmarked for fabric purchases to help me along my way with my wardrobe overhaul. Today, I finally got the chance to spend it!
![]() |
| 7th January Purchases! |
I DID have a list of fabric for my Summer creations, but when I got to our store, they had next to no Summer fabrics, but quite a lot of Wintery fabric on sale for $4-8 per metre, but more heavily discounted at the counter. So I quickly changed my mind!
Today I puchased...
- Two-toned Boucle - Black/Charcoal - this will become a cropped Chanel-esque Jacket. $1/m (I'm pretty sure the sales assistant messed up with this one!).
- Striped Cotton - this is for a Summer dress - as per my Plan. $3.50/m.
- Charcoal Ponti knit - Ponti knits make VERY comfy pants, and I'm actually thinking this particular piece will end up as a Wintery dress - warm, comfy and very nice to look at and touch. $5/m.
- Monet Print Floral Stretch Cotton Sateen - I bought enough for an A-Line skirt and can't wait to whip it up! $3.50/m
My first two creations will be my Monet Print Floral A-Line Skirt - including zip it will have cost me $7.19; and my Striped Cotton Summer Dress - including zip, this will have cost me $10.49. I plan on starting at least the skirt this weekend.



0 comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for leaving me your comments! I love to read and respond to them all :)