CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Waaaaahhhh!

I feel like having a bit of a tantrum!!

I saw the physiotherapist for my initial consultation and examination this morning...

He's pretty sure he has pinpointed the problem area in my neck (the second joint down apparently), and has given me some things to do for the next week until I see him again next Monday.

The stretching exercises and heat pack throughout the day, I can do no worries at all.

The 5mins (working to 10mins if I can) on the treadmill daily I can do too (the physio is a bit concerned about me doing anything that will aggravate the sore bits until we get a bit of improvement, as although the problem starts in my neck, it is affecting an area right down to my hips).

Even finding 20mins a day to be outside, in the fresh air specifically to rest (not gardening or mowing LOL), can be done.

BUT...

No more than 15-20mins at a time, maximum, for sewing or using the computer or anything else like that.

No reading in bed.

I have to lighten the load in my handbag and stop carrying the kids if can be at all avoided.

And my next handbag has to be better for my body!

I'm a bit bummed about the no reading in bed and limited time allowed to sew or be on the computer...  where's the fun in that!!

But I also know that in the long run, this is the best thing for me right now.  I've been dealing with these silly neck/shoulder/back issues intermittently for over a decade now, so its high time they were treated once and for all...

The clinic I went to also has a visiting physio who specialises in Women's Health, so he wants me to see her (once we get the immediate pain under control), because he thinks she'll be able to help with the more longer term issues concerning my uneven hips and separated abs etc - all those mummy type things.

So now just to tweak my budget to ensure I can fit in all the scheduled appointments, and a quick re-do of my weekly exercise plan, and hopefully, I'm on my way to being free of these troublesome headaches and back/shoulder pain!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me your comments! I love to read and respond to them all :)