CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Decluttering Again

I've been at it again!!  The effort of the past 2 days has given me 6 large garbage bags of rubbish to take to the dump, in addition to filling my wheelie bin ready for collection early tomorrow morning!  I've also rearranged the furniture in my lounge room - I love a change!

Monday morning I took my girls off to school, had a little bit of down time, then got stuck into attacking the girls' playroom...  Goodness me this room was a giant mess after 6 weeks of school holidays!  (I planned this major play room tidy up for the first weeks back at school, so I didn't fuss over the room at all over the holidays!).

A little over 3 hours yesterday, and then another 3 today, and the room is really starting to look quite good.  I sat the girls down yesterday afternoon, after I had cleared the worst of the rubbish, and asked them what their 5 favourite activities for down time was.

Their lists differed slightly, but the three things that they both agreed on were that they wanted a "Creating Area", a "Home Corner", and they loved to play outside.  Easy peasy!  So we drew a picture of the room, designated half of it to their creative space and the other half to their home corner activities.

Having this visual plan inspired them to really help, and actually WANT to help!  I guess my daughters are as visual as their Mummy :)

So, tonight, besides the 6 bags of rubbish sitting near my door ready to go, we now have a play room that is almost finished!  All that is really left now, is to sort through the large box of dolls and doll accessories.

I think my total bags of *stuff* (Rubbish, donations, give aways etc), removed from my home over the past 6 odd months is now in excess of 50!  I lost count at around 30 bags, but have done quite a bit since then...

I can't even begin to imagine where all that stuff used to live, and why on earth I was keeping any of it.

I love my house so much more after every bag is filled and taken away!

The only room in the house that has had its minor decluttering done, and is awaiting this major cull is my sewing/craft room now.  I do have plans to rearrange the furniture in there as well though, and seeing as my back is not doing so well after the past 2 days, I'm going to leave it for a couple of days.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me your comments! I love to read and respond to them all :)