My outfits over these past 3 days have gone downhill I’m afraid!
I started with this little outfit on Thursday.
| My black sack dress (Op Shopped/Thrifted), my black & white vest (Valley Girl), Turquoise Butterfly Pendant, Turquoise bag (SES Fashions) and an old pair of brown wedge shoes. |
I loved this outfit, felt great in it, and even managed a Killer from Angie over at YouLookFab! Nice, simple, comfy - what more could I ask for!
Friday saw a much more casual ensemble, worn to do a spot of shopping and have lunch with some friends and their kids.
| Black lace shoulder trimmed top (SES Fashions), floral skirt (Temt – this had a tulle underskirt that I removed because it was TOOOO poufy!), turquoise bag again, and black flat strappy sandals. |
I felt ok in this – but it was very casual, a bit young, and, I don’t know, just not the “me” I am aiming for. I just felt a bit not-quite-right all day.
And Saturday was ever more casual! I had to take Em to the Dr, collect her medication and the Saturday newspaper, before coming home and doing the usual housework etc.
| Multicoloured black dress (formerly a maxi dress that looked horrendous on me so I chopped it off!), black cami, turquoise bag and black flat strappy sandals. |
I felt very frumpy and not at all like the “real” me in this. Yes, this was comfortable for a day spent dealing with an unwell child and running around town, then just at home in the midst of our Summer, but it still wasn’t me. It didn’t encourage me to hold my posture well, it didn’t encourage me to put make up on, or even really care how I looked. I could blame having a sick child, but the reality is that I was feeling fine until I got dressed...
It truly is remarkable the impact clothes can have on so many other areas of your life. Thursday I felt like me, but by Saturday I just felt really ambivalent about everything.
It truly is remarkable the impact clothes can have on so many other areas of your life. Thursday I felt like me, but by Saturday I just felt really ambivalent about everything.
But, I just need to have some patience and some time to sew; and I will eventually end up with a custom made wardrobe, that fits me perfectly, all works together and that will truly be “me”!


0 comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for leaving me your comments! I love to read and respond to them all :)