Wow, another week gone already (well, its 1pm Sunday as I type, so practically gone!). Week 1 was here.
This ended up being a strange week for me. It's been another week where I have learned some lessons which have helped me take another step closer to where I want to be, even if I didn't quite stick to my plan for the week.
On Tuesday I saw the Physiotherapist who gave me some exercises and things to do, so that became my Exercise plan for the week. Three times a day I have been applying heat, and doing my stretching exercises. I am also walking for 5 minutes each day on my treadmill, excluding the day we had great weather so we went for a 40min walk on our beach, and yesterday, when I mowed my lawn - another half hour of exercise. I'm really quite sore though - I'm pretty sure just the stretching is stirring things up and the pain is worsening to the point that after mowing I could barely walk because my sciatica (which was only a problem when pregnant), actually flared up. My next appointment is tomorrow morning at 8.30am.
My Diet was excellent until Thursday (see below) - I even packed a yummy salad to take to town with me one day so I didn't have to buy lunch!
My Sleep habits were fabulous - until Thursday when I decided that I would allow myself a sleep in seeing as we had nothing on that day. WOW, what a difference a sleep in makes - and not good either :( I was lethargic, and flat all day long, I couldn't care less what I ate, didn't even bother filling in my Log... And the worst thing was that because I was feeling so awful, I let myself sleep in again on Friday... and Saturday.
Today I made a point of getting up and active as soon as I was awake properly (usually takes me 10 mins or so once the alarm goes off!). And you know what, I feel so much better!
So I guess its VERY obvious that I simply MUST go to bed on time, and get up as soon as I'm awake in the morning - no sleeping in ever - it affects absolutely every aspect of my life that I'm trying to improve with this Healthy Habits Challenge.
As long as I stick to my waking and sleeping times, I'm motivated, I'm energetic, I make wise food choices, I achieve SO MUCH more during each day, and in general, am just a whole better person.
Interesting isn't it how just one single thing really does impact on everything else...


0 comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for leaving me your comments! I love to read and respond to them all :)