CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, September 19, 2010

My Inspirational Spaces

Day 18's Task is to create an Inspirational Room...  as much as I would dearly love to decorate my entire home, the limitations due to budget and renting mean that I really haven't done very much.  But, here's a little snippet!

I have to admit, my entire home is certainly not like the images you will see below!  My bedroom and office area, however, are lovely and I love being in them!

I love my bed LOL!  The little cushion in the centre was a Mothers Day gift from my baby this year.  The iPod dock/clock/alarm/radio gadget is fabulous - I get to wake to my choice of music.  I also love the simplicity of my lamps.
My Favourite Chair.  I made the cover for it in High School, but am currently needing to get the cushions replaced... when budget allows!  I also hang all my belts and necklaces above - I am working on an idea to make these a little more organised at the moment.  My earring holder matches the main colour of my bedspread.
My Office Space.  Nothing too flash, but everything I need is in arms reach.  My board shows my Vision Board, Motivating Affirmations, Mission Statement, Values, 5 Year Plan, Monthly Planner...  The artwork on the filing cabinet is courtesy of my youngest daughter.

So there you have it, my two favourite places in my house.  

I have also spent some time doing a little more de-cluttering today, so the rest of my house is slowly getting there, but nowhere near the point that I love as much as I do my bedroom yet!

Funnily, despite being a couch potato yesterday and just taking some time out for myself, I have actually achieved quite a bit this weekend!  I've de-cluttered, sewn, organised next week's calendar, caught up on some reading, and in general just pottered!

I'm looking forward to my girls coming home in the next hour or so, and starting the School Holidays properly tomorrow!  The girls and I have a little art project planned... and of course I have my usual Monday tasks to do.

5 comments:

Luís Magalhães

Your bed is very cute and colorful, but what I love the most is the brick motif on the walls. It gives it a really nice, hand-crafted look.

So what is your child's drawing about? It looks like some kind of field sport?

Anonymous

I love your colors! I like your office space and the white board too. Amazing results..keep it up.

grace

the brick design on the walls is just amazing!!! thanks for sharing your pics #30DLBL

Miss Guimba

Amen to what gracekay said. The brick walls are what amazed me. Nice place, Theresa!

Theresa

Awww Thanks everyone! I do love my house!

The walls, interior and exterior, are an assortment of real bricks (exterior are pale, the interior walls are a mix of dark bricks and mottled bricks), so the house does have a real rustic vibe.

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me your comments! I love to read and respond to them all :)