CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Day 7 - Action Plans and Miss E's Exciting News

Wow, I feel like its taken me the best part of a full 24 hours to complete Task #7! (A sure sign I'd been neglecting the planning aspect of my life!).

I decided to create Action Plans for the two goals I feel are most pressing in my life at this very moment in time.
  1. Finances
  2. Health & Fitness
(Click on the links to see my completed action plans - be warned though - they are rather long!).



However, in unrelated news, my beautiful big girl E has had a VERY exciting day!

At all the sports day's at school, my E generally comes last, and it has taken its toll on her - she has lost confidence and has been upset that she didn't win anything at all. So, her teacher and I have been working on strategies to improve her confidence... Well, something outside either our control came along and has probably done more good than anything we were doing!

It is currently "Book Week" at school, and all the kids in her year had to write a story and illustrate it. It had to be about a bridge - I believe its somehow connected to the theme of the week, but I'm not sure. At the time, the students didn't know it was actually part of a Book Week Competition.

Last night the judging took place, and it was such an exciting moment this morning when we found out Miss E had won!! Her prize was a book from the Book Fair (part of Book Week). Apparently she had put more work into her picture than the others and her story had excellent use of adjectives.

So, as you can imagine, E has been bouncing around all day! She is so proud of herself and so excited about her win.

I've been quite teary about the whole affair too - I am so incredibly proud of E and am just so excited about the boost this has given her confidence! Recently, E has been telling people she wants to be an Artist when she grows up - I suspect this may just spur her on!

Looks like those after school Art Classes that we are looking into for her next term may be even more important to her now!

And, because I'm such a proud Mummy today, here's a pic of her winning story:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me your comments! I love to read and respond to them all :)