I was very lucky last night in that both my daughters were in bed early, so I made a point of switching off whatever mindless dribble was on the TV, and got stuck into Day 6's Task - my goals for the next 5 years.
I found this task relatively easy to do - but I'm a very natural "planner", my problem has always been in the "doing" LOL. I have mainly focussed on the areas of my Life Wheel that I feel are lacking.
I also suspect that most of my bigger dreams (earning a full income from art, living in my own home, frequent travel etc) will have been achieved by Year 10, so perhaps I will expand this out to 10 Years to show the full realisation of my goals. I feel the next 5 years is naturally going to be somewhat limited due to the fact that my children are only quite young still, 4 and 6 years old; and, as a single mum, there really is only so much I can cram into a day when they both still require extra from me! So for the next 5 years, I'm not going to be pursuing as much as I would if they were older.
| 5 Years - September 2015 | 3 Years - September 2013 | 1 Year - September 2011 | Steps to take immediately: |
| I am earning an income from the sale of my art work - approx $5000/ year. (Business & Career) | I am Continuing my art education, have decided on preferred media and be preparing works for sale. | I have undertaken some art classes | Research Art Classes |
| I have run in a half marathon. (Health/Fitness) | I have run several 5km races & am extending my running distance. | I have completed the C25K program and am running 5km in approx 1/2 hour 3 times per week. | Continue exercise to aid lung recovery and keep building on that. |
| I own 3 pieces of jewellery of significance to me and my goals/values/purpose that I have purchased myself. (Personal Development, Spiritual, & Finance/Wealth) | I have purchased piece #2 | I have purchased piece #1 (Frank Gehry Silver Ring "Torque" $285) | Start a separate savings account for specific savings goals & contribute $15/fortnight |
| I have $5000 saved to cover emergencies. (Finance/Wealth) | I have saved $3000 | I have saved $1000 | Leave Dad's weekly repayments untouched in every day savings account. |
| I am able to speak Italian and Spanish at a Basic level. (Personal Development) | I am learning Spanish | I am learning Italian | Research language classes |
| My families diet consists primarily of home-grown, local, or organic produce. (Health/Fitness, Contribution, Spiritul & Finance/Wealth) | We are growing more and more of our own vegies and making an effort to source organic and local produce. | We have a small vegie garden growing the basics. | Begin Vegie Gardens. |
| I am continuing my savings towards my own home deposit. (Finance/Wealth) | I have upgraded my car. | I am contributing fortnightly to my "specific goals" savings account. My contribution has increased from $15/fortnight. | see #4 plus adding $15 extra for this savings goal. |
| I am saving towards an overseas trip (and deciding if my daughters will be accompanying me!). (Finance/Wealth, Personal Growth & Recreation/Fun and Family too) | I have taken the girls on an interstate trip. | I have taken the girls somewhere new in the local area. | Start researching a suitable location for our first ever trip. |
| I have a busy social life but am very capable of saying no to events and giving myself down time. (Social) | I am continuing socialising with my new town mates, as well as my older friends. | I am attending social events in my new town regularly & meeting new people. | Continue socialising. |
| I am continuing to assist at my daughters school in any way I can. (Contribution & Family) | I am continuing to assist at my daughters school in any way I can. | I am continuing to assist at my daughters school in any way I can. | Keep contributing as currently doing. |
| I have a loving, committed partner who will fully embrace and love my daughters. (Romance/Love and Family) | I am in a relationship that has real potential to be long lasting. | I have accepted offers for dates. | Keep socialising and meeting new people. |


1 comments:
Hello Theresa! I found you on Celes' blog. It's nice to be doing the 30DLBL Challenge with you. I just want to drop by and encourage you on your quest and that we have similar goals on the "speaking Italian" part. Your goal chart is inspiring. I'm doing the Day 6 tasks and wanted to feel inspired. I'm a mom, too, so your story resonates with mine. Oh and I love that you've placed your values in your blog. I've done it with mine, too. It's great to be reminded of it everyday. Here's to our success!
Post a Comment
Thanks for leaving me your comments! I love to read and respond to them all :)