Yep, today is Friday, so that's Review Day!
- Operation Financial Freedom - On Track! OK, with the exception of those pesky car issues and all the other technological hiccups this week LOL. But, all the savings transfers are set up and working well, I'm being a Mindful Consumer and haven't spent anything not expected.
- Project Hot Bod - hmmm kind of on track. Yes, I ate a proper dinner each night, but 2 nights it was take away. I also only exercised twice instead of 3 times this week. And, I was late to bed on a few occasions. More on this below though...
- September Tasks - set back on Day 1 of the 30DLBL Challenge. Again, with the exception of the hiccups in Project Hot Bod, all is on track.
OK, so what happened with eating, exercising and sleep this week? Well, I'm pretty sure I understand what has been the issue...
This week I have been extremely tired. Utterly exhausted in fact. I normally have my children 12 days of every fortnight, however, for the past 6 weeks, I have had them all bar 2 nights/days. And the past 2 weeks in particular, have been very busy with lots of school and kindy excursions and special events, social engagements, appointments, and of course, regular day to day life as a single mum.
So, after making this realisation, I decided initially, that I need to do some cooking and get some extra meals in the freezer for weeks like this.
BUT, I think there is a bigger underlying issue.
Yes, I chose life a single mum, and on the whole, its definitely the best choice for me. However, that doesn't mean to say I can be and do every single thing 100% of the time at the pace I usually go about life! I need to take a breather and nurture myself more during these lengthier periods with my girls.
I also need to learn that there are many things I simply can't do - there are going to be times when my daughters are going to have to miss out on things, or I just can't be one of the parents helping out on excursions or special days.
I want so much to give my daughters every single thing in life that will nurture their spirits and give them as many opportunities as possible. I want them to know that I will do everything I can for them and will always be here for them.
Of course, I need to stop and realise that I can't do that at the expense of myself. If I exhaust myself, I won't be able to give them anything.
It breaks my heart knowing that I can't be and give and do everything for them that I want. They are truly special little people and I want nothing but the very best life for them. I want them to be able to follow their hearts and never have any questions about life purpose or meaning.
Coming to terms with my limitations is not something I'm used to, good at, or even want to do, but I absolutely have to.
Thank goodness we should be back to our normal arrangements of me having 2 days per fortnight down time now though!
I'm very confident that with some time to re-energise, I will be back in the swing of things come Sunday afternoon when the girls come home.


3 comments:
I can sympathize, it's very hard to maintain good eating and exercise habits when you have a busy life. I have trouble with it too, sometimes, and I don't even have any girls to take care of, so I think that you're doing pretty well. :)
Sadly, I've never experienced the joy of parenthood, but I understand some degree of what you're saying. Seeing the way you write about your daughters, I can't imagine them being anything less than the two happiest girls on the planet.
Have a nice rest! (and don't forget to be an early riser!) ;)
Thank you so much Luis! Sometimes *life* does get in the way of itself doesn't it!
I must confess I slept in this morning! My first chance in 6 weeks to catch up on some sleep, so I took full advantage of it LOL And I have to say, I'm feeling much better for it - I'll be back on track tomorrow for sure!
It's a hard habit to develop, for sure. I've been wondering for quite some time if I can feel good with 6 hours of sleep per day.
Early rising might have it's benefits, but socially it's important to be able to be awake past midnight. :P
Post a Comment
Thanks for leaving me your comments! I love to read and respond to them all :)