CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Decluttering Again!

Well, I'm sulking a bit because the 30DLBL Challenge task for Day 5 won't be available to me today :(  Today's task has been delayed 12 hours to give other participants a chance to catch up.

I'm sad about this because I was on such a roll, have been loving every minute of doing the tasks, and Sunday's are often the only day of the week I spend at home all day (and sometimes not even Sunday's!).  But I will survive!  At least tomorrow, after I do the school run and a few other jobs, I will have a few hours at home alone before I head back out to do the afternoon school run.

Today hasn't been wasted at all though!  I have baked a triple batch of biscuits for the girls, a batch of caramel muffins for myself, washed up, moved a small cupboard and emptied its contents, done the washing, finished my dress mock up, and with the help of the girls, emptied one of the two last remaining boxes inside my house yet to be unpacked from when I moved 12 whole months ago!

From the box we unpacked, I was able to toss another full garbage bag and donate half a bag.  So that half bag, combined with the linen I emptied out of my old cupboard this morning that I no longer use, has meant another full bag is off to charity tomorrow morning!

I think that takes my decluttering totals of late to:
8 Bags of Rubbish + 8 Bags of Donations + 1 Bag to Consignment = 17 BAGS GONE!!!

Its amazing to think about how much stuff I am letting go of so easily!  I feel like I haven't even really scratched the surface either, because I haven't gone near my office/sewing/craft room, and I KNOW there is a lot of stuff in there that needs a new home.  I also haven't gone near my garage - its been the storage place for all the other boxes I haven't unpacked yet, but thankfully most of them are outdoorsy types of things like fold up chairs, and gardening tools/pots I think.

So now, I only have one box remaining inside my house to be emptied... and a couple of weeks ago I took some knitting needles from this box and posted to a friend who is learning to knit, so I have made a little bit of progress there!

Oh, I do have a confession...  again, the girls and I slept in this morning :(  My littlest girl was very wound up after the birthday party yesterday, and didn't sleep well at all.  She was very restless and unsettled, so I spent some time up last night with her, and we took advantage of the chance to sleep in.

I need to think some more about my earlier rising goal...  I do want to rise earlier, but I suspect that until I have fully recovered from this years pneumonia, and regained my strength, I am going to need to take advantage of sleep-ins if they are available after a night when I have been up.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me your comments! I love to read and respond to them all :)