CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Oh the pain...

Fitness

OK so this morning I thought I might actually do some exercise today... The only catch is, I was really struggling to walk this morning and couldn't work out why I was hobbling.

Well, as I climbed up on a chair to get something off a shelf, I realised exactly what the pain was - my hamstrings (they are the ones at the back of your thigh aren't they?) still from the weekend's weeding, and my quads (or the ones at the front of the thighs LOL), from climbing up and down on the chairs at kindy during clean up yesterday.

So, being a complete novice when it comes to knowing what to do when you have sore muscles, I didn't end up doing anything today cos even just walking is hurting.

Should I have done something though? Or am I supposed to let the muscles heal before I go working them again? I have seriously got no idea whatsoever... I'll have to do some googling!

Clothing

Its been a stinking hot day here so to try and make me feel like it was really and truly Autumn, I went through my Winter jackets to work out what I have for the upcoming season. One I am definitely getting rid of, one I have altered, and the rest are just so-so...

I'm also pondering whether my order to purchase my Winter Wishlist in is the best. Next on my list is my cascading cardi that can be worn 7 ways. But I'm wondering if it should be the black l/s turtleneck.

Both will get ample work in my wardrobe, but I'm thinking perhaps the turtleneck will be of more use sooner. I can pop it on under most of my dresses, and use it as a top with my pants/skirt, as the weather cools, before its cold enough to need an extra layer.

So, I'll ponder this a little more, but I'm thinking the turtleneck might be bumped up the list and the cardi bumped down...

Spending

No extra spending YAY

But, something that bridges both clothing, spending, fitness and a love of mine has cropped up and I need to make some decisions...

A little while ago I emailed the only local pattern maker to enquire about the cost of having a pattern drafted for a pair of pants and a simple sleeevles, straightish dress. Well, today I received a quote.

$45 for a pant pattern and at least $55 for the dress pattern. Now this is absolutely not budgeted for, and I don't have a spare $100 in any fortnights budget for several months, so if I decide to do this, I need to decide what to forgo.

And part of this decision making is wondering if these patterns will be worth it. Although, I seriously don't think there is a question there - for this one off cost now, I can make as many pants or dresses as I want - as long as my size/shape doesn't change. And I get to sew - gosh I love it, but get so frustrated when nothing fits properly.

Which leads me to the fitness connection - if I do actually continue to exercise more regularly, I'm envisaging that my shape may change - maybe not dramatically, but if I get toned, and actually build up some muscles, maybe there will be change?

So, do I hold off on having the patterns made until later in the year, closer to summer perhaps, to see just what my body has done, and actually budget for it, or do I forgo something now and get it done...

I'm pretty sure I'll hold off... but I'll be pondering this too!

2 comments:

yublocka

I think a bit of gentle exercise is good when you have sore muscles....something like an easy walk to keep you moving but not stress your body even further. The pattern idea sounds like a fun project - will you get bored with having only the same style dress/pants though

Theresa

Thanks for your input Tam - I will try a gentle walk next time and see how that goes - it makes sense!

You make a good point on the patterns too - pants I think will be fine, because, well I don't have any that fit me, so even if I end up with only a couple of fairly similar pairs I can cope with that, but yes, the dress is the dilemma...

I can always alter it to give different necklines, and skirt styles (that much pattern altering i can do!), but I'm still wondering if that willb e enough variance.

I have pretty much decided I'm holding off for a bit though.

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me your comments! I love to read and respond to them all :)