CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, March 25, 2010

There will be TWO posts today...

cos I am just so excited by this mornings happenings!!

Clothes

First up, today's outfit... I felt this was a little plain, so added the bangles, but they didn't last long because they are just too "fussy" for me - I don't like that much fuss going on. But once you see my new handbag from below, you'll understand why as soon as I paid for it I swapped all my gear out and used it - it worked perfectly with this dress.

The usual black sandals, my orange dress, my turquoise butterfly necklace and for the hint of edginess - an animal print headband - but I don't think its really that visible cos my hair has fallen over it.



Ok, now this is where all the fun begins!

After dropping the big girl to school, the little one and I went Op Shopping before her swimming lesson :D Such Fun!

For a grand total of $12 I bought... A scarf, a handbag, a cardi, and a pinnafore-esque dress. I also had a $1 belt hanger for my wardrobe in my hands, but gave it to my little cherub to hold (to keep her occupied and stop her running in and out of the racks!), but she put it down in the shop somewhere and it wasn't till I got home that I realised I didn't have it :( Hopefully it will still be there next time!

So, here are the pics - except the scarf - I just realised I didn't take a pic of it :(

First my beautiful new handbag - I fell in love with it as soon as I saw it - it has structure I love, fabulous textural interest, colours that are divine, plenty of room in it for all my junk, and best of all was $3.50!

The entire bag...


a close up of the gorgeous design and colours

Then there is my new cardi - nothing too special about this - just a regular white short sleeved cardi with a cute pattern. A bit grandma-ish & looks a touch boxy perhaps, but I was picturing it with my floral skirt and over a couple of my dresses... possibly unbuttoned too actually. And for $3 I think I will get plenty of wear out of it.

excuse the exercise shorts and the fact that I have a funny look on my face - I'm talking to my 3 year old!

And finally, the new pinnafore-esque dress... This was almost a novelty purchase, but as soon as I saw it I pictured it styled as this pic shows with my grey/black stripey l/s top, or with my red turtleneck, or my white turtleneck or any number of other tops... and of course worn with my new boots... I would wear tights with it, but its too hot today to put some on just to model! The skirt is very short and fitted (and I would never wear it out of the house without tights/leggings or something under it!), but the top half is fairly loose.

what do you think? too frivilous or a versatile piece?

Interestingly, when I was paying for these, the volunteer at the store and I were chatting about these clothes. This lady was probably in her 60's or 70's I would imagine, and she commented that she wore dresses very similar to this with a white long sleeved turtleneck and white over-the-knee boots when she was younger and it was very hip. She also used to wear little cardi's like my white one with full skirts. Interesting that both the ideas I had for styling were probably subconsciously drawn from images I have seen of past fashions. This lovely lady said it was interesting seeing fashions come around for a 2nd time, but when you see them a 3rd you start to feel a little older!

And FINALLY, the last pic to show off is one of my new specs! I ordered these from the US last week and am so very impressed with the customer service and shipping speed! I ordered the size a touch smaller than I tried on in store here so I hope they are a good fit... I just love them and now can't wait to get new lenses for them so I can actually use them!


So, that has been my morning of clothing! What a day!!

Oh and did I mention that in between the Op Shop and the swimming lesson, we ducked to our library (right next door to the op shop!), and I borrowed a book called "How to Have Style" by Isaac Mizrahi. I just happened to spot it so grabbed it... I'll have to post a review once I've read it!

Spending

Now I can't show off all my new shopping without adressing the costs...

Today's spending has been a total of $12 at the op shop for all of the above, and $3.20 for a coffee at my daughters swimming lesson - there was a swimming carnival on and I needed a coffee to cope with the horrific noise! (Yes, I love my peace and quiet and an entire school in one small place is just way too much for me!)

So, I spent $15.20, but my ebay sale cleared and once fees were deducted I received a little over $15.30 into my paypal account.

Wouldn't it be nice if every day saw me make money instead of spending it LOL

Now after such a big morning, I haven't had time to exercise yet, but I'll get to that this afternoon. Its a funny day outside - very hot, but sunny one minute pouring down rain the next, so I'll probably stick inside and do the Pilates dvd today... I'll keep you posted.

But hopefully my excitement at this morning's happenings will calm down a little now I have written it all out!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me your comments! I love to read and respond to them all :)