OK, so its only 10.45am but I feel confident I can record today's happenings LOL
1. Fitness - 45 mins Yoga DVD
Not surprisingly, considering a cyclone crossed the coast north of me yesterday morning, its raining and a miserable day outside. So, once I dropped my big girl to school and little one to kindy, I came home and did my yoga dvd. It was actually perfect for today - I really needed the stretching and relaxation.
My youngest is currently undergoing assessments in order to diagnose (or not) Aspergers Syndrome or High Functioning Autism. Some days are more challenging than others... today was one of those days that was shaping up to be more challenging than usual, so I feel much better now I've stretched and relaxed... and of course it helps that kindy are dealing with her and not me for the day. Don't get me wrong, I love her to bits but until we have a clearer picture of what is going on with her and best management/treatment regime, I need time out from her occasionally.
So, all in all a nice start! If its still raining tomorrow I'll probably try the Pilates DVD.
2. Clothes
Here is today's outfit!
Actually, this will come be a challenge to see if I can size the pics to fit in a blog post properly!
Very casual, but I think nice, outfit for a slightly cool, rainy day. Usual black sandals (easy to flick off!), home-altered skinny jeans, blue top, gold/black necklace & red bag.
I know that this top doesn't quite meet Angie's perfect top length for pants, but I discovered something interesting today. When I first got dressed I pulled this top down to the appropriate length, but within 5 minutes of running around the house doing the usual morning things, it had crept up to here... my "shapely" bottom means that this happens a lot to me.
So, I think for me personally, tops have to be that bit shorter in order to avoid hitting that distinct curve at the back that makes everything move around and skift. And from a side view, I think this is more flattering too because I really do have quite an ample behind!
And more on clothes, when I arrived home from the drop offs this morning, I had a little parcel in my letter box! It was a top that I had bought on ebay a week or so ago. It was very cheap, met all my requirements for a wintery top and I really liked it - I just hoped it looked as good in real life... It hasn't disappointed me! Its a lovely soft rayon/spandex fabric, 3/4 sleeves, a nice length, trendy stripes and has a great neckline for someone like me who needs to focus their attention upwards. (And judging by its fit and fabric, this may actually be a top that doesn't creep up... perhaps I have just found my preferred fabric composition for tops to wear over pants...?!?)
3 Spending
Well, I can safely say that not a cent will be spent today! I receive my incomings on a fortnightly basis and today is Day 14, so there isn't a whole lot left until tomorrow LOL
A few things have been running through my mind on my spending priorities I've listed and I think I need to clarify them - for myself as much as anyone.
Specs - yes they are a long way down my priority list and I said I'd get them sooner if I could gather the funds - which would be easier if I didn't make any of the purchases above them on the list. Well, the reason I put them where I did on the list was because a) my annual eye exam is due in May, so I was planning on waiting until then to actually order the lenses - my eyes have been deteriorating yearly lately, so best get the newest possible prescription, and b) I tend to feel the cold, so another pair of jeans and a cardi will be needed for practical reasons I suspect... The timing just seems to fit best this way.
Of course, if it were up to me, I'd have all the cash available right now, buy the lot, then pay it off over winter... but that's not going to happen unless someone decides to give me a few hundred dollars LOL
The other finance thing i wanted to note was that each fortnight I give myself a "cash allowance" - this is mainly to cover the little things you need to have cash on you for - the odd coffee if I run into a friend, postage, newspapers etc. Well, I have bumped my "cash allowance" up by around $10/fortnight to allow me to continue Op Shopping and hopefully add the odd new top or accessory to my wardrobe whilst I save for the bigger things.
I know that for me personally, having this small extra allowance will help me stick to the budget and save for the more important things. And at the end of the day, $10/fortnight isn't going to make a massive difference to my saving for things, and of course if I don't spend it I will still have it!
OK, so I've done my exercising for the day, updated my blog, am enjoying a cup of tea... now its time to get back to reality and get cracking on my jobs for the day - lots of cooking to do today!
Some of my Uni Creativity
15 years ago




1 comments:
Wow what a productive day you've had already. Makes me feel very lazy by comparison!
I like your casual look a lot....simple and casual are just the way to go sometimes! And the new top from ebay looks like it fits you great!
Post a Comment
Thanks for leaving me your comments! I love to read and respond to them all :)