So, this morning, we went to the shopping centre, I had coffee & cake whilst they had a glass of water (their many food allergies preclude them from actually eating anything from a cafe so I always take their own food, but get them a glass of water), we did a little bit of shopping, and then they both had their hair cut.
Clothing
I decided to wear my beautiful thrifted chocolate brown, blue and off white dress.
I felt extremely good today! I just love this dress, and being all feminine and dressed up. But as an example of just how casual the area I live in is, the only other person I saw in the 2hrs at the shops was a lady working in one of the nicer dress shops. And the only other person wearing a dress was a little old lady with a walking frame...
Almost every other female was wearing some variation of shorts and a tank/singlet top, with flip flops. Very little make up, no dressiness whatsoever. Hair pulled back into pony tails or just out and wild.
So in comparison, I felt very dressed up, but very comfortable as well, and interestingly, I found myself getting looked at... a lot of men definitely gave me a second look, and women were paying attention too.
Now once upon a time I would have hated feeling overdressed and having people look at me, but you know what, it honestly didn't bother me today - in fact, I was giggling on the inside cos I knew I felt great and was finally wearing my beautiful dress! I really must do this more often!
Have decided that I am definitely not liking my hair this short though, so will definitely keep it longer even if it does mean frequent trips to the hair dresser.
Spending
Well I went totally off track today :(
The girls Dad and I finalised their Easter plans, so seeing as they are spending it with their Dad, and they are now going away to see their grandparents, I need to make their Easter eggs this week and bundle them up ready for him to take away with them. So today I bought a few things I needed to get their eggs ready. (I have to make their eggs due to their allergies, so that will be on the agenda this week).
Its G's 4th birthday in April, and whilst I have her gift from me, I hadn't yet bought her gift from E, and seeing as E was with me shopping, I let her choose her gift... thankfully G lives in her own little world so had no idea that I was carrying her gift around with us! So that was extra spending that I had actually budgeted for next fortnight... oh well, its done and I don't have to make a trip to the shops specifically to do this now.
And as mentioned, we had coffee, cake & water at the cafe.
So, my spending for today was:
$10.00 at cafe (I remember why I don't go to this one often - gosh its the expensive one)
$15.26 for Birthday Gift for G from E
$11.50 for Easter supplies
$30 for girls hair cuts (both had cuts - 1 just a fringe and ends trim, the other a proper "style cut")
None of this was budgeted, and now my entire grocery surplus has been used up :( I guess I can draw some positives from the fact that I don't have to spend the birthday gift money next fortnight so it can go straight back to the Credit Card.
And of course, money cannot pay for the fun we had having a girls morning, and I have to remember that - the girls both said they had a fabulous time having "girl's time"!
Here's a pic of my beautiful big girl, E, having her hair cut!
Oh and the girls have just come to me and asked me if we can spend the afternoon pulling out all the weeds in our gardens! It's been raining pretty much non-stop since Christmas here and I have quite a forest growing in the yard, so it could end up being quite a big workout for us! And then I'll have to mow the yard so it all looks good... looks like I'll be exercising anyway!


6 comments:
What a fabulous day! I'm quite jealous...
Also, how did you manage to raise children who ASK YOU TO WEED??? You are very blessed! When I was young, weeding was my absolute least favorite chore. Even now I can't think of many tasks I like less than weeding :P
That thrifted dress was such a fabulous find! You look terrific!
chellebrate
LOL Kate - what they really meant was, "Can you weed the garden while we pretend to help, but end up just playing in the dirt?" Its my least favourite chore too!
Thanks for the comments on the dress though Kate & Chelle - I really appreciate it and just love my dress and we did have such a lovely day.
Wow you look amazing in that dress! Isn't it great have something to wear and know you look great in, without having to worry its "too good" to wear everyday. I have to pay attention to that more often too!
This is such a great dress on you. I love it every time I see it!
Thank Tam & LOP!
It makes me happy every time I see it in my wardrobe too!
Actually, I think I'm going to wear it today...
Post a Comment
Thanks for leaving me your comments! I love to read and respond to them all :)