CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

a really NOT-fab outfit :(

It's been a big day... I left home at 8.30 this morning and arrived back at 4 this afternoon and I seemed to do an awful lot today, without doing that much LOL I had to go up to the nearest "big" town - a 45 min drive each way - so unfortunately I did spend a lot of time in the car :(

Fitness


hmmm I don't think anything I did today really counts as fitness :( Perhaps 2hrs on "Clean Up Duty" at kindy may have contributed a touch - I was up and down on a chair taking things off the highest shelves, cleaning the shelves and replacing things for a little while and I certianly felt my leg muscles at work stepping up and down... but that could just be because they are still sore from all the weeding on Sunday!

But, the girls Dad came down this morning to take E to school, and he fitted the new tubes to the pram for me, so once I pump the tyres up the pram should be back in action. (See, ex-husbands can still be very useful creatures LOL).


Clothes


Well, not overly excited about this... it looked WAY cuter in my mind and even in the mirror :( I was aiming for a blank canvas style to show off my handbag... instead I think its just plain, well, a sack and a handbag and waaaaay too much of my scrawny upper body.


(Admittedly, hair and skin are horrible in this pic because I had a facial today and a whole heap of extractions, and my hair was back in one of those little head wrap thingies, so when I got home, I just put a headband in to keep it back! And my dress is covered in dust and dirt from kindy... but doubt you can really even see that LOL)

Black dress - Thrifted, usual Black Sandals, Brown Bag - Thrifted.

I think this dress really needs a layer underneath it.

I'm pretty sure that due to having my hair short, I need to have some sort of neckline/adornment to break up the expanse of skin that is my narrow shoulders, bony, flat chest and long-ish neck. What do you think?


This is actually the same dress I wore to the races a couple of weeks ago - dressed way down today though LOL.


Spending


$2.50 on bike pump extension thingy - the new tubes in my pram tyres don't have a bend so you can attach the pump, so I needed this to be able to pump them up. (But I've just found out the darned thing wont connect to my pump and I can't find the receipt amongst today's paperwork :( lucky it was only $2.50 - I probably have more than that rattling around in coins in my car...)


$7.30 - Lunch. I didn't expect to be in town as long as I was today, so I'm glad I grabbed a bite when I did - it would have been dinner time before I had another chance to eat otherwise.


$23 - supermarket - coffee and some Easter chocolates for me (I ended up getting 2 boxes of coffee sachets for $10 - so 20 cups at 50c each - MUCH better than $3+ ea! And, I was able to get a box of decaf to drink after lunch, and regular for before lunch... yes I'm one of those people that caffeine really does hype up and I can't sleep if I have it too late LOL).


$107 - Beauty. OK that is a lot of money - but its all budgeted for! In fact, the budget for today's visit was $130, so I came in under!


Today's budget was for an appt for my leg, bikini, underarm & eyebrow waxing, plus a product I needed to refill. BUT, the last week or so, I've realised that my priorities are all wrong... I've been spending $90 on my 3 weekly waxing (I'm hairy and it grows fast, so 3 weeks is really the ideal interval), and forgoing facials.

However, my skin is REALLY bad at the moment, and has been breaking out worse and worse each month (a lot of it is hormonal sadly).
When my skin is bad, I feel really depressed and it really affects my confidence. I don't look 30 as it is, and when I have such bad skin, I think it makes me look even younger, and I feel like I'm about 15 again :( I have been sticking to my regime, and the rest of my skin is doing really well, but its just the area around my chin that is awful.

I realised my money is much better spent trying to work on helping my skin out. I mean, seriously, I CAN shave, even if I don't want or like to! (Interestingly, with around 6 mths of 3 weekly waxing, my hair is now quite sparse so there isn't THAT much left LOL)


So, I changed my mind and today's appt ended up being for a facial and extractions, as well as the product I needed.

However, this is where it gets exciting, my beautician is my brothers' beautiful girlfriend (so whilst she generally charges me full price, and I am more than happy to pay it seeing as I am taking up her time, I get brutally honest opinions and I trust her implicitly). Anyway, she has just bought a new salon and is expanding, so has had to actually employ someone to help her out.


And, as part of the new employee's training, J needed a few volunteers to have some free treatments done so she can ensure her strict standards are going to be upheld.


Sooooooo, next Thursday I am going to be spending most of the day at the salon!


I'm booked for all my usual waxing, plus eyelash tint and curl, mani and pedi, and J is going to do another facial and see how my skin is going after today's treatment (she doesn't want the new girl doing facials on someone with my skin issues just yet but is cool to have her observing/learning!).

The beauty of this is that not only do I still get my waxing done (and a bit more, and only having to pay for the actual facial with J), but J knows I will be able to give her a really good review of how well her employee works, and if anything does go wrong, well, its just me and I'm cool with it! Gosh, everyone has to start somewhere and this girl is fairly newly qualified with not much actual experience so I'm happy to be a guinea pig and allow her to build her confidence.

So I'm VERY excited about that!
And ok, that was probably just plain rambling, and more related to clothing than spending LOL

Anyway. Enough of today!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me your comments! I love to read and respond to them all :)