OK I'm a bit of a geek I think! I now have two blogs LOL But, my other one is really just for me to ramble away and is pretty random. This one, however has a very specific goal.
I'm a stay-at-home-single-mum, who after 18 months alone, am finally feeling like I am getting on top of my new life, and loving it. The past 18 months has seen me make a lot of ground when it comes to self-discovery, and finding out just what is important to me. It's also had times of immense frivolity. For as long as I can remember I have battled depression, have been on medication, seeing a psychiatrist monthly and I am now very much under control - in fact, my psychiatrist and I have set a time frame in which we will start to reduce my meds if I continue doing as well as I have been.
So, in light of the new me that is evolving and my improved state of mental health, I'm now ready to make some more serious changes in my life and this is where I'm going to track it all.
Firstly, my Fitness. I have never formally exercised in my life. And I'm almost 31 years old... I've been blessed in that I have a naturally slim physique, so haven't "had" to exercise to lose weight or anything like that. I've spent my life telling myself that because I'm slim, exercise isn't necessary. But, I've known all along that it was a giant lie, purely to justify my lack of excercise.
But, I'm asthmatic, aging, and noticing how unfit I am more and more. So, its time to get serious about this.
My goal is to do something every day of the week - weekends are bit all over the place as some I have my girls, and some I don't, so I'm going to play them by ear for now.
I'm intending on walking along the beautiful esplanade at our main beach each day. On the days that my eldest daughter is at school, but my youngest isn't at kindy, I will take her with me in the pram. I'm figuring the pram pushing will increase the work out! I have also found 3 exercise DVD's here - Pilates for Dummies, Yoga, and Ballet Conditioning, and I'm planning on using these on the days when I can't go walking due to the weather or whatever else may prevent me (can't actually think of anything else at the moment).
Secondly, this blog will record my daily outfits and all things clothing related. I'm going through a massive image overhaul at the moment, and trying to update my wardrobe to reflect the true me. I have joined You Look Fab and have been made feel so at home, and already feel like my style quotient has improved and I'm getting more of a feel for the me I want to portray.
And thirdly, I'm going to track my spending. Not my regular contributions towards my bills, or my ongoing bills etc - they can't really be avoided so I have to pay them. But rather, all my discretionary spending - the little bits and pieces that aren't fixed and possibly necessary. I do know that I have a limited income compared to a lot due to being a stay at home mum, but I also know that I'm certainly not as bad off as so many people in my own country let alone, poorer countries.
But, I also suspect that I'm not utilising my money to its fullest potential. Right now I have a credit card of almost $500 to pay off (that's its' limit, so thankfully I can't really get into too much trouble with it), and zero savings.
However, as I am evolving so much at the moment, and aiming to build a wardrobe that is both functional, and true to me, I do have a number of purchases that I would like to make, I also have fussy skin, so am paying attention to its needs. (So I guess #3 really ties in very closely to #2!)
These two things will no doubt prove to be most of my expenses... but my aim is do this as wisely as possible. My skin care regime may not allow much room for movement as I have finally found a product range that appears to be working, but we'll see. My wardrobe however, well, I do like to op shop (thrifting for those in the US), so the bulk of my wardrobe will continue to come from Op Shops and thus reduce my spending. But I am seeing the value in spending more money on items that are going to last or be used frequently, so these things may involve increased expenditure.
This afternoon I have written out a list of the things I believe will really enhance my wardrobe and also worked out a budget for these things and a time frame - but hopefully, if I can go under budget on these things, the time frame will improve! I have written these lists/budgets in relation to all my other expected expenses, so hopefully, my planning is accurate and everything will go smoothly.
Oh and I'm a rambler so these posts could end up rather long LOL
Stay tuned for tomorrow's first installment!
Some of my Uni Creativity
15 years ago


0 comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for leaving me your comments! I love to read and respond to them all :)