CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, October 3, 2009

Inner Peace

I think I finally *truly* understand the term "Inner Peace"!

We moved on Tuesday - an enormous day - 12 hours with only a tiny break for lunch. But, since then I have managed to get quite a lot of unpacking done - I have a fully functioning kitchen, bathroom, lounge room, laundry & our bedrooms. Sure I'm still surrounded by boxes, but the things that are left aren't the essentials (except the office - that's the next challenge), or packing materials that need to be re-homed.

But despite the ordeal of moving, the pain of unpacking and the chaos that still seems to be reigning supreme, I am filled with such an amazing sense of *calm*. I feel like i'm on a permanent holiday! I'm so relaxed, sleeping well, eating well and just plain happy.

We've been walking down to the beach at least once every day - if the cherubs had their way we'd be down there all day long! So far we've been going down after afternoon tea every day, and sometimes in the morning as well.

The girls have been having a ball playing on the sand, building sandcastles (complete with their own princesses), chasing seagulls, collecting shells and of course, having lots of little dips in the ocean. Miss 5 is completely and utterly at home on the beach and Miss 3 is getting there - but she has a few extra obstacles due to her sensory issues.

This weekend is their weekend with their Daddy, so this morning I went and mowed the yard at our old house, then came home for a shower and a little nap! After the nap, I went for a walk along our beach. There's a point up the beach and I was curious to see what was on the other side, but its around 1.5-2klms up the beach and the girlies haven't been able to make it that far (and of course, they'd rather be playing than walking!).

So off I went and for 1 glorious hour I walked up and then down our beach, listening to some of my favourite tunes on my iPod and enjoying the beautiful scenery. I made it to within about 50m of the point - there were quite a few kite-surfers on the beach and preparing their equipment so I stayed out of their way. But I did work out that the nearby resort starts at the point so beyond the point is actually their land.

I feel so alive - I can take a deep breathe from inside my house and smell the salty air, I can walk for 2mins (less without the girls) and be on a pristine stretch of beach and its just fantastic.

And of course another huge bonus has been that my darlings are eating more, Miss 3 hasn't had a single nose-bleed since moving despite having at least 1 a day for the fortnight leading up to our move and they are both sleeping really well too.

So at this point, I would have to say that this has been a very good move. I think I want to live here forever LOL

Oh, but there has been a slight hiccup to my plans for nuturing myself...

My chamomile tea outside listening to the waves isn't going to happen while mozzies the size of birds are biting me everytime I'm outside after dark! But I do have a lovely Silky Oak Chair that I'm thinking of restoring and putting in a corner in my room - from there I could still hear the waves... But the chair needs new foam for its base and back - its current cushioning is very old and considering our health issues I'm not too keen on bringing something that is no doubt full of dust and who knows what into my home.

And, I think that my daily beach walks are more likely to be a once a fortnight beach walk, and daily beach playing! Although, perhaps once the novelty wears off the girls might be more willing to come for walks with me instead of playing.

I truly feel like this is going to be a good place for us to live... I just hope I'm not getting carried away by the newness and change... and I guess only time will tell there.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me your comments! I love to read and respond to them all :)