Oh Dear :( The girlies Dad isn’t feeling so well and if he is no better tomorrow, he won’t be having the girls at his house for their weekend so I wont be able to go to the races…
But, I am happy to miss the races if it means the girls don’t catch the tummy bug that’s been running rife through town at the moment – it sounds nasty. Their Dad rarely gets sick, so for him to actually be feeling as unwell as he is tonight, it’s fairly significant.
And of course, if he’s still unwell, he certainly won’t be in any shape to care for the girls – especially seeing as they get so excited on their weekends with him that they are quite full on!
So I’m feeling a little bit flat about that, but then today has been a rather big day with the girls (we’ve been trialling some new foods and it hasn’t been going so well), so I think its almost a relief to know that I may be able to spend some more quiet time at home. As much as I love the races and was looking forward to a nice day out, it is still going to be an entire day away from home.
It’s funny how a day can change so much… This morning I woke up feeling quite tired from a restless night, but determined to achieve quite a bit today and get back into being the mum I want to be – happy, encouraging, available…
Instead, I only managed ½ a day of these things before things went downhill and I was back to being the frazzled mummy who has expended all of her energy dealing with hours of meltdowns.
This morning I had decided to not turn on the TV tonight, and finish setting up my sewing room and start to tackle the pile of creations I want to complete. But by the time I got the girls into bed, washed up etc, I just didn’t have any energy left for anything – so here I am sitting in front of the TV.
Dealing with the meltdowns just takes so much out of me that I can’t face doing anything :( I know that if I were to do something creative right now, I would make mistakes and end up getting so frustrated – I know because I’ve done it before… I’ve had a really rough day, decided to try a creative outlet to rejuvenate, but ended up worse.
Of course a lot of this is because I have high expectations of myself when I am creating – I know I have the skills, so when I fall short because I’m struggling to concentrate or stay awake, I am quite hard on myself.
On the upside though, I am watching Glee which I really enjoy – I’m a sucker for anything musical so it does make me happy and I am calmer!
And I shouldn’t be too hard on myself for having the TV on – since moving here, I have had my iPod on its dock nearly every day and we are all benefitting from having music filling our house.
Music really does wonders for the soul! And on that note I think I might go browse iTunes for some new music to download once I get my internet sorted properly next week!


0 comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for leaving me your comments! I love to read and respond to them all :)