CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Musings on Make Up

I have had a rather interesting revelation today!

Most women I know use make-up when they are having a bad day to “pick them up”, or they use it every single day as part of their normal getting dressed routine, or just every single time they go out.

I am neither of these women… I use make-up if I’m going out somewhere special and getting all dressed up, or as is the case today, I use make-up on days when I’m feeling really good about myself. I’ve never been one to see make-up as essential to being a woman, or even an attractive woman – it’s just something I use for special occasions.

Today I woke in a fairly good mood, felt great about myself physically and when I was getting ready decided to put some make-up on.

But today I started to question why I use it on the days I’m feeling good.

It might have something to do with colour… I have recently started keeping my finger and toenails painted (with chips of course because I don’t do it every day LOL), and I always use happy bright colours that make me feel happy when I see the colour. (No black fingernails for this girl!)

I love bright happy colours, and feel suffocated by drab, dull colour, so seeing colours that make me happy always brings a smile to my face.

I think perhaps it’s because on the days I’m feeling good about myself I want to do/be/feel special, so I use the make-up (seeing as it’s for a special occasion) and then seeing the colour whenever I see my reflection just further enhances the mood…

You know what – I just realised I don’t ever use it to LOOK special – it’s all about an internal feeling for me – how I look isn’t really such a big motivator… (especially seeing as I don’t even really know how to apply it properly LOL), and I’m not about to wear it because other people do or expect you to. I wear it because of the feeling of being special.

But, now of course I am starting to question whether or not this is something I want my girls to see... will they see make up as something you aren’t special if you aren’t wearing? Or will they see it as something special to do for yourself? I guess I can feel fairly confident they aren’t going to see it as something you do for other people at least…

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me your comments! I love to read and respond to them all :)