This time last week we were right in the middle of moving *shudder* - it was one long day and I’m so glad it is in the past!
In this first week at my new house I have learned quite a few things about beachside living (sand appears to breed everywhere!), unpacked HEAPS, and am slowly getting our life back to normal-ish.
My biggest achievement this week has come this morning though. The girls had a sand pit that they obviously don’t need anymore and I was wondering what I could do with it. I was also thinking about what I need to put outside the back door to store our shoes and beach toys on.
So I turned the sand pit into a set of shelves! It really wasn’t very difficult – the base of the sand pit was removable, so I just took its sections and nailed 2 of them in place as shelves.
I feel very strongly that I want this house to be organised – everything needs to have a home, anything that doesn’t have a home is going to be considered very carefully to see if it is even needed, and most of all, I’m going to do my darndest to keep things tidy.
Its also occurred to me that this is the first time I have been solely responsible for a home from the very moment of choosing it, to paying for it and to decorating, living and maintaining it.
As a result of that, I realised that I can make this home a true reflection of me – it can be more feminine and it can have little baskets to store things in and can have softer coloured decorations - all the things I love!
I can’t wait to go op shopping to look for some little containers to use as designated storage zones, but I am trying really hard to curb my desire until I have had a chance to work out exactly what I need - I also want to do it right - not just on impulse like I usually do things...
And finally, a beautiful shot of my beloved beach! Gosh I love my beach :D
This was about 7.30am on Sunday morning - just glorious...
But as much as we love spending so much time on the beach, it certainly makes for 3 very tired girls!
So on that note... time to finish my chores and head to bed.


0 comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for leaving me your comments! I love to read and respond to them all :)