CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Faith Restored

Today the girls and I went to our local "Pine Fest" - the festival of the year at our little coastal community. A lovely day filled with entertainment, markets, camel races, billy goat cart races, a street parade and lots of other bits and pieces, celebrating the Pineapple growing history of the region.

But, not only was it a great day, I feel like my faith in our younger generation has been restored.

Miss 5 was given a balloon shortly after we arrived. Whilst sitting on some rocks watching the camel races, her balloon burst. She was quite upset, and I assured her we could go and get another balloon. But before we went to do this, a teenage girl - probably around 16 (although with the way girls today look so much more mature, I could be very wrong), leaned over and gave Miss 5 her balloon.

It made me so incredibly happy to know that not only did this girl notice what happened, but she was kind enough to offer her balloon. Miss 5 is still talking about how kind the big girl was and I know it means so much to her not only to have another balloon, and to know that someone was kind to her.

During dinner we were discussing our things that made us happy throughout the day, and Miss 5 mentioned this as one of her 3 things, and it really hit me just how much of an impact this girl had on my daughter.

So to whomever you are, THANK YOU!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me your comments! I love to read and respond to them all :)