CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Week 5 - Healthy Habits Check In

Well, this week didn't go to plan!!

I got sick :(  But for the first time that I can remember, I managed to shake it off in a matter of days, not weeks!!!  YIPPEEE!!!  Ordinarily, I just snuffle and cough along, and keep up my usual schedule with the girls, and after a few weeks end up really unwell, on antibiotics and out of commission for a good week or more.

THIS time, though, with both girls being at school, I managed to have 3 days of laying around resting, drinking loads of water, napping during the day and giving my body a break as soon as I started feeling run down.  And what do you know, I am feeling SO much better than usual :)  I still have a bit of a headache, and am building up my appetite again, but other than that, feel fabulous!

After these few days of laying low, on Friday I started back on the treadmill and surprised myself!

I wanted to see if I could run for more than 2mins (my previous best in 15 yrs - whilst doing the C25K program - I'd never actually tried to do more) - well, this is what I've done this week:

Friday: walk 2 mins, run 5 mins, walk 3 mins
Saturday: walk 2 mins, run 6 mins, walk 2 mins
Sunday: walk 2 mins, run 7 mins, walk 2 mins

OK I do have to confess that "run" isn't exactly running...  its more like a wog (walk-jog) - and only at 6kph on the treadmill... 

But, I felt so good doing it, and certainly didn't feel like I was completely done after these short runs, so I think I'm going to slowly build up my times - 1 minute per day - so after 1 month, I should be able to run for half an hour - how cool will that be :)  And yep, I can honestly admit that the idea of being able to proudly say "I'm a runner" one day is rather motivating - I've always wanted to be one of those people who were a "runner/swimmer/cyclist" etc!

And after saying Week 5 was going to be about my diet, I'm repeating myself, and going to say that Week 6 is now going to be about my diet!!  I go grocery shopping on Tuesday so that will be exciting :)

On that note, I'm off to plan some meals for the coming fortnight!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me your comments! I love to read and respond to them all :)