CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Bugs and Bikes

Well, last time I wrote we had all been tested for Whooping Cough, and I was feeling worse than I had...

The results of the tests came back negative, so YAY, not one of us had whooping cough thank goodness!!  The Dr said I actually had a sinus infection, so I was prescribed antibiotics.  Today, after finishing my course of meds yesterday, I went back to the Dr as I was still unwell.  This time I got to see my usual Dr, and she said for sinus infections she prefers a full 10 day course of antibiotics, so she prescribed some more.  So, in another 5 days, I should hopefully be feeling MUCH better!

Of course, because things are always going on at the same time in my house, little Miss G is having her tonsils and adenoids out next Tuesday - 5 sleeps she tells me!  (She is excited and counting down - and has already requested helium balloons that say "Get Well Soon"!).

I am planning to spend tomorrow laying low again and rest some more, and then come Saturday, I shall be cooking up a storm to fill my freezer with food in case I don't get a whole lot of time to cook next week...  Most kids seem to be fine within a few days of their tonsillectomies, but I'd rather be prepared and have plenty of food on hand!

Something that has been floating around in my mind for around a few weeks now is buying a bike and riding... I think low-impact exercise is better for my body, and I used to love the feeling of flying through air when I used to ride to school as a teenager.  I don't need anything too flash, and where I live is VERY flat, so I'm thinking a nice simple single speed bike would be perfect.  This is the bike I'm currently coveting!! 

All it needs is a basket on the front and a little rack thingy on the back and it would be the grown up version of my childhood bike!!  Oh and the cute streamers off the handle bars!!
And its currently for sale at Big W for $168.  I'm sending the universe lots of pleas for a few less bills, and a perhaps some unexpected income to help me fund it!  And then some patience so I can teach the girls to ride their bikes without the trainer wheels so we can go on family rides much easier!

2 comments:

yublocka

I'm behind on blogs thanks to illness myself but glad to hear youand the girls are feeling better T. I am still loving bike riding when I can - where you live would be perfect for it though - no traffic, trams and chaos! Could you bike to the shops? A basket is a definite necessity!!!!

Theresa

Aww Tam I hope you are feeling better too - its horrible being sick in Summer :(

Its 9kms into the local shops, so roughly a 20km round trip - all very flat bar one long but gentle rise - I can't imagine doing my fortnightly grocery shop on my bike, but I can see me ducking to the Post Office, bank, or library, or even going to the Saturday morning Farmer's Markets on my bike :)

It's only 3kms to the girls school though, so once they can ride without trainer wheels (the road is dirt, and their training wheels would get stuck in the corrugations LOL), I could see us riding to school too.

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me your comments! I love to read and respond to them all :)