CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

The Perfect Example...

I have had an experience today that is the perfect example of just how "out of it" I'm feeling at the moment...

This morning, whilst driving home from our little local town, with my groceries, I received a speeding ticket :(

I feel like my head is in a permanent fog right now, and this is proof of just how little attention I have been paying to every day tasks.

Tuesday's are generally the day I feel most like a zombie - Mondays are our biggest day with Kindy and Dancing so I'm recovering from that, but also gearing up for Wednesdays which are also a fairly big day - they are the days I spend running around town doing all my chores.

And to just compound everything, I forgot to take 2 doses of one of my meds on the weekend. Just 2 skipped doses of this particular med has me suffering from a "withdrawal" type of reaction that includes incredible brain fog - even when I'm not exhausted.

So, today I'm feeling like I've been going through the past few weeks in a daze, and I've now had my little wake up call that I have needed.

But, I am now back on my regular dose of my meds, and we are about to head to the beach for a nice walk - I'm hoping a walk in the nice fresh sea breeze will help clear my head enough that I can get a bit more focussed.

Tomorrow is going to be a busy day in town while the girls are at kindy, but I'm going to really practice being as mindful as I can be.

I'm actually quite thankful that I was caught speeding - its been the little jolt I've needed to get me back on track (hopefully...). And as an added bonus, its enabled me to be completely honest with the girls about what happened, and why, and we have had a really good chat about consequences.

And I keep reminding myself I only have 3.5 weeks left of the extra traveling/activities, so I need to get through these weeks as mindfully as possible, and then I will be able to physically recover fully which will lead to mental recovery as well.

There really is a positive to come out of just about every negative I've experienced I think!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me your comments! I love to read and respond to them all :)