CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, November 19, 2009

More to think about!!

Well, Tuesday's little "jolt" seems to have done the trick so far.

I am feeling more aware of what's going on, I'm also getting in and getting a few things done that have been in the back of my mind for a little while, and I'm feeling more relaxed. I'm still physically exhausted, but mentally I feel a little refreshed thank goodness.

Interestingly, yesterday threw me another challenge that has me thinking quite a lot!

I offered to help a friend in her beauty salon for a couple of hours - she just needed some data entry done. So, yesterday morning I did this for her. I was also given a run down on how to make appointments if necessary so my friend could keep working and I could answer the phone.

Well, the data entry was certainly not a drama - quite easy and now completed. BUT, I was shaking and so anxious that the phone might ring the whole time I was there LOL

I haven't worked officially since March of 2004 - so almost 6 years ago. I know that my anxiety yesterday was nerves because I hadn't done anything like this for so long, and it was an industry I have never worked in before so couldn't bluff my way through it as easily.

In the end, I only had one phone call to contend with, and it was simply a request for a price - now that was easy enough because I had the price list right in front of me! I am sure though, that if I'd had a few more phone calls I would have settled into it and felt more at ease.

But, it was just another experience that has me contemplating what I would like to do when I do eventually return to paid work. I feel as though that day is coming sooner than I had planned, and I still have no idea what I want to do.

I have started a list of things to be taking into consideration for all future jobs:
  • Prefer not to do reception work anymore - I'm a bit over it now because I've done it for a long time.
  • I want to be given my tasks and then be left alone to complete them without being constantly interrupted - one of the reasons I think I'm a bit over reception work - there's constant interruptions...
  • I want my work to be interesting and mentally stimulating - I need to use my brain!
  • I want to be able to dress nicely - something different to my usual mummy-clothes that I've been wearing for over 5 years now.
  • I want to work with professional people and would be quite happy in a work place where there was some socialisation, but not the need for everyone to know everything going on in each others' lives.
  • I don't want to continue vet nursing - I don't want a job where I may be directly responsible for lives - human or animal.
So I don't know where this will lead me but I'm going to keep exploring ideas and see what happens...

Ideally, I would like to work 1 day per week next year, building up to a few days the following year... But, I also only want to work school hours.

Hmmm maybe I want a job that just plain doesn't exist LOL I have a lot of wants!!

But, that seems to be the story of my life as I'm getting older - I'm becoming more picky about every single aspect of my life and I'm not just "settling" for anything anymore...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me your comments! I love to read and respond to them all :)