CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, September 12, 2009

To blog or not to blog...

Kind of a strange first post!

I'm feeling a need to write, record my life, let things out and for it to all be pretty... I've done the blog thing before, and I'm wondering if it's the answer I'm looking for or not.

But I figure there's only one way to find out - give it a whirl!

So, here I go again...

The thing I've learned from previous blogs, is that I want this one to be completely and utterly true to me at the very moment of life that I am in at that time.

And why is it that this urge has struck me now? I'm about to make a change in my life again, and this time I have such a burning desire for it to be "right" and I think keeping my mind clear and my goals in sight, will help keep me motivated to make this dream come true.

So what is it that is about to happen in my life? And what do I want from it?

Well, my darling daughters and I are moving to a lovely little beachside house in 17 sleeps. We are all very excited and cannot wait. The theory behind this move is that our move from town to semi-rural has not helped our health as much as hoped, so our next step is trying somewhere different - and beachside living is the next thing to try. We really need clean, fresh, healthy air and I just don't think we can get any cleaner, fresher and healthier than seaside air - especially seeing as our house is going to be one block back, and all of a 100m walk to our very own beach!

Things have just not improved here as much as we had hoped and I cannot sit by and watch my darlings suffer frequent nosebleeds, hayfever, asthma, a 3rd bout of pneumonia and being locked inside our house everytime there's a fire in the hills surrounding us over our long hot Summers.

A recent beachside holiday showed just how much more relaxed the girls are by the seaside - how much easier they both breathed, how less reactive they were, how much happier they were...

And what is it that I want from yet another move?

Well, of course I want this to be the solution for my beautiful girls!

But also, there is more motivation than just fresh air for moving to the beach. I have had some ongoing health issues this year, and need some more regular gentle exercise, I also need reprieve from the oppressive heat of Summer and most importantly for me - I need the chance to connect with the real world again - real as in sand, sea, air, trees... And these things can only be of enormous benefit to the little ones as well.

Its time I really started to look after myself - I can't be very good at anything else until I get myself sorted out. Mentally I feel like I'm really getting there but I do need to improve the physical and spiritual me.

I'm planning on making some plans to nuture myself as well as my girls.

My plans include:
  • Daily walks on the beach - probably following afternoon tea each day.
  • A monthly visit to my darling brothers' girlfriends' Beauty Salon - for one of her fabulous massages.
  • Sitting outside listening to the tranquility and the waves as I have my pre-bed Chamomile Tea.

And we'll see what else I come up with once the unpacking is done, routines are re-established and we feel like we are at home.

So at the moment our house is full of packing boxes, packing tape and lists... But the air of excitement here is fabulous - at 5 & 3 the girls are able to really understand and are looking forward to making sandcastles. Miss 5 wants a surfboard for Christmas and Miss 3 was upset today that we still have to have a few more sleeps before we can move!

I feel so relaxed, peaceful and calm about this move, and writing this has just reinforced these feelings.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me your comments! I love to read and respond to them all :)