is that one day you might decide to do a big clean up!!
And of course you get itchy and sneezy from the dust, start questioning your sanity over some of the things you kept (as in "what WERE you thinking when you saved this?" LOL), fill the rubbish bin far too quickly, fill the recycling bin just as quickly, have to explain to your children why exactly you have some of these things, you don't actually need momento's of special occasions like the first wedding you ever went to, you never use the things you kept "just in case" and most of all it takes up so much space its not funny...
I've lost track of how many boxes of "stuff" that I had been keeping I have managed to compress into a far smaller amount of space... Of course I did keep things like my report cards from school (I have them all right from grade 1), and other special things like that, but I certainly have rid myself of so much more. Between the rubbish bin, recycling bin, charity and friends I would estimate that I've managed to get rid of at least 1/4 of the stuff that had been just sitting in boxes, or furniture that wasn't being used.
It feels great to be de-cluttering!
I know that as this week progresses I'll no doubt end up just packing things in boxes to get it all done before Tuesday's big move, but at least I will have managed to sort the majority of my stuff and will only have a small amount to go through as I unpack.
The biggest issue I have is that I have two very delightful little people who like to hoard as much as their mummy does!! So whilst I am doing a fabulous job culling my own things, they are another story altogether - I'm quite sure that as I unpack their belongings I will find things that I thought I'd thrown out!
But besides the hoarding issue, I feel like we are doing really well on the packing and preparing to move front. There's not much more to do...
On Friday we are driving to the beach to pick up our keys and do a bit of a clean of the house - and open the windows and let the beautiful sea breeze in, then this weekend will be spent getting the last of the packing done (things like the kitchen that I can't really do just yet), and on Tuesday we can move!!
3 sleeps till we get the keys and 7 sleeps til we move!
And considering the little one has had a nosebleed every day for about the last fortnight it cannot come soon enough...
Some of my Uni Creativity
15 years ago


0 comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for leaving me your comments! I love to read and respond to them all :)