I'm finally feeling better, slowly cleaning my house this weekend (on a little break at the moment!), and really looking forward to getting back out there living my life.
As you can imagine I was a bit excited when an email arrived in my inbox announcing "Live a Better Life in 30 Days. Challenge for September!" from a blog I read. I enjoy this blog because its very positive and upbeat, while encouraging self growth - right up my alley!
So, I signed up for the challenge - what a perfect way to get back on track - September is only a few days away - by then my house will be clean - and I can have some help getting started. Although, I am a little bit nervous - I have NO IDEA what the daily challenges will be!
I have been doing a lot of self-analysis over the past couple of months while I have been laying low, and I really want to make a few subtle changes to my life. But, I struggle with motivation and hope that this little challenge may provide not only motivation, but also accountability, and get me heading in the right direction.
Although, having said that, I did set a goal at the beginning of the year to do one new thing every month, and I've done reasonably well so far...
Jan - my first B&S Ball (well ok, this started in December as a NYE party, but seeing as it finished in January and it took me about 2 weeks to recover, I'm counting this in!
Feb - attended a bull ride at "The Great Western Hotel" - its a local pub that is the "home" to these types of events - I've been to plenty of bull rides, but never one here.
Mar - My brothers took me pistol shooting - quite an interesting experience... but not something I think I'll do again.
Apr - attended a pop-country music concert - not something I ever thought I'd do but I had a ball!
May - I gave my phone number to a strange (but incredibly spunky) man! We met at the races, and he was going to catch up with my friends and I afterwards, but wouldn't come to any of the places we were prepared to go, so nothing more happened, but that's ok! (And he was from out of town, so I haven't heard from him since... hmmm after just one thing perhaps? LOL).
June - attended my first ever "Rocky Cup" - the premiere Winter Race Day here.
July - went go-carting! This was SO MUCH FUN! I want to go again!
Aug - hmmm well as exciting as I can get here is that I stayed home and didn't go out partying once this month? Does that count? LOL
2010 is certainly becoming a massive year of firsts and change for me!
Stay tuned as I find out more about my September Challenge!


0 comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for leaving me your comments! I love to read and respond to them all :)