CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Decluttering & Cleaning

I am officially exhausted tonight!

Due to being sick and taking quite some time to recover fully, I have decided to engage a cleaning contractor to come in for 3 hours once a fortnight, for a couple of fortnights, to help me get the house clean again, and back on track.  She starts on Tuesday morning at 8.30am!

On advice of my lovely ladies over at YLF, I have decided to tidy my house as fully as possible so the cleaning person can at least get in and clean as thoroughly as possible without worrying about tidying.  (And it really does need a good clean because its been quite a while).

So, yesterday afternoon, I tidied the kitchen benches and the girls bedroom - nothing too exhausting there.

Today, however, has been a MASSIVE day of de-cluttering and tidying!

The girls and I attacked their playroom...  oh my goodness they have so many toys, and books, and dress ups, and everything else little people seem to have.  But, after several absolutely exhausting hours, the room is now tidy, I have filled my wheelie bin, and have about 4 giant bags of rubbish that need to go to the dump tomorrow.  We also have a smaller bag of bits and pieces to be donated.

Despite an enormous amount of whining, I am actually really proud of the girls - they didn't argue on every single little thing I wanted to throw out, and did actually help me a lot.  And as much as they tell me they hate cleaning up, I know they do love having a tidy room to play in!

Yes, we could have just put all their stuff away to reduce the exertion, but I feel so much better for having actually gone through it all and reduced their stuff so much.

But, it was absolutely exhausting, I am coughing quite a lot more tonight and have needed more Ventolin than I have been, so am going to have to take tomorrow very quietly to catch up.

The best bit now though is that I only have 2 boxes of stuff inside my house still to unpack from our move - we unpacked 2 more today - so we are slowly getting there!  I'm pretending the boxes in the garage don't exist right now though LOL.

DE-CLUTTERING TOTALS:
Playroom - approx 6 large bags of rubbish, 1 bag of donations
Previously - 1 large bag of rubbish, 6 bags of donations & 1 bag to consignment

To date that means....  7 large bags of rubbish, 7 bags of donations and 1 bag to consignment = 15 bags of stuff gone from my house!! 

YIPPEEEEE!!!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me your comments! I love to read and respond to them all :)