Can you believe it, but after I wrote my last blog post, I ended up sick again!?!? Anyway, after yet another trip to the Dr, some blood tests, and an extra long course of antibiotics, I am finally feeling better!
I think its going to take some time to recover to my full strength, but this is the best I have felt in two whole months, so I'm optimistic this time that I will actually get the chance to recover rather than falling ill again.
My cleaning person didn't end up coming :( She phoned me on Tuesday morning to tell me she was sick, and would call me the next day... she still hasn't phoned back. I get very annoyed when professionals or business people don't return calls when they say they will - having to chase people up is one of my pet hates. So, I haven't phoned her, and have decided that seeing as the girls are going to be at their Dad's this weekend, and I'm not going into town at all, I will stay home and clean myself. I figure I can spread it out over the weekend with lots of rests in between.
I'm also planning on starting back on the treadmill next week - probably only for 15 minutes a day to start with - just ease into it and see how I cope with that.
We haven't done much more decluttering this past week or so. I have tossed an old TV and an old printer that don't work, are so old they can't be fixed, and were just collecting dust. So that's another two things to add to the totals I've got rid of, but that's it.
I am thinking of re-doing my wardrobe editing. Something that has occurred to me recently, is that a lot of my tops are the ideal length to wear with skirts... but I only own 3 skirts, these tops don't necessarily co-ordinate with those particular skirts, and I rarely wear skirts!
So now I'm thinking I really need to go through my knit tops and tee's and work out what really is worth keeping. I also want to have a look at my Winter clothing now the season is nearly at its end to see what I have and haven't utilised this year.
I'm really enjoying culling so much from my wardrobe! Yes, its meaning I'm left with far less clothes than before, but realistically, I'm finding I hardly wear a lot of it anyway, so may as well make room for the things I do wear.
My budget is very tight at the moment. I have just paid my car registration, and am saving every spare penny for a trip to Brisbane in early October. This means I'm not adding to my wardrobe at the moment - I do have a list of a few things I'd like, but seeing as I have zero $$ and can't find the ideal version of each thing, I haven't been shopping and surprisingly, I'm quite ok with it!
Well, Winter is supposedly nearly over, but we are having an unusually wet day, which means its FREEZING, so I'm off to make yet another cup of warm tea to warm my innards!!


0 comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for leaving me your comments! I love to read and respond to them all :)