Well I'm feeling very slack now that I've just realised how long its been since I last posted :(
I've had a very crazy month - a little person was sick & miserable for a good week, then hurt her leg and was unable to walk for 10 days, followed by a minor surgical procedure for me which meant I was out of action for about a week, and then school was busy with my big girls first ever sports carnival for two days and first ever school disco last Friday night!
But I *think* life should be a little quieter now... well, I hope so!
Fitness
Yes, I'm feeling so incredibly guilty because I haven't done anything at all. I also started on a new medication and have gained 3kgs as a result. Now the weight gain I'm very happy about! I've been trying to gain weight for ages so it was nice to do it so easily LOL.
The not exercising I'm not feeling so happy about though :( And now that its finally winter (and a rainy one at that which is very out of character for my little part of the world) the thought of getting back to it not so enticing... I'm going to make a few phone calls and look into hiring a treadmill. I do have a few TV shows that I quite love, so I could easily hop on it each day whilst watching the TV - but it will all boil down to the cost.
Clothing
I AM loving the cold weather in that I am finally able to put more effort into my clothing, rather than just trying to wear as little as possible to stay cool! BUT, now that I am actually more aware of what I like/don't like, and being more true to my own personal style, I'm finding several wardrobe holes that I need to fill.
The things that are on my current list of purchases to make are:
- Winter Coat - hard to believe but I don't actually own a nice warm Winter Coat - in the past few years I've either stayed inside or given zero concern to my appearance as long as I was warm - which meant I often resembled the Michelen Man!
- Slim Fit, long sleeved, Cotton Button Through. I have a number of 3/4 sleeve knits that would work perfectly over a top such as this.
- Long Sleeved Tops - I have only 1 long sleeved top - everything else is only 3/4 sleeved.
- Sweater Dress - ok this is just a want, but I think this could be quite versatile for me.
- New Bra's and Knickers!
So now the hunt begins...
Spending
With so many medical expenses throughout May, my budget was looking very sad indeed. The small amount I had paid off my Visa was needed to help cover these costs, so I'm pretty much back to square one. Still have my credit card debt, no savings and living fortnight to fortnight.
But, things are looking up - I have done the estimate of my tax return for this financial year and I should receive enough to pay off the Visa, and a smidge extra, which will be wonderful. I should also receive a supplement to at least 1, possibly 2 of my government benefits and if that's the case, that will almost certainly go straight into savings.


0 comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for leaving me your comments! I love to read and respond to them all :)