CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Day 1 - New Fitness Regime

Fitness

Walked 600m in 8m30sec

Sounds slow you think? Yep, possibly, but this is actually a new regime aimed at helping Miss 5 be able to complete the 500m Cross Country Race that she has at school on July 16th.

Miss 5 recently competed in her first ever Sports Carnival at school, and sadly, she is very like her mother when it comes to natural sporting ability.  But she does have a competitive streak and was very disappointed that she didn't win anything - in fact, her confidence seems to have taken a bit of a dive since the carnival.

So, in order for her to actually be able to complete the distance (which I think is actually a fairly long way for a class of 5 year olds - do you think so too?  They had to do 400m at the sports carnival and almost all struggled with the distance), we are going to go for a little walk every single day.

Today I pushed Miss 4 in the pram and Miss 5 and I walked.  We will do this every day and eventually, Miss 5 wants to be able to run the whole way.  But having said that, she is exhausted from today's walk, very sweaty and just said she doesn't know if she ever wants to do it again LOL.

It may not be an enormous amount of exercise for me, but its absolutely better than nothing, and funnily, I think I will be more likely to stick with taking Miss 5 for her daily "training" than I would be if it were just for me...  Need to work on that mindset a bit though I think.  (About to phone around for Treadmill quotes actually!)

We have exactly 1 calendar month (4w2d) till the cross country, so hopefully if we cover the 600m distance to the end of our street and back every day, the 500m of the race will be doable.  I will need to talk with her about the fact that she still may not win, but at least this way I can show her that each day our times get quicker (hopefully!), and even if she doesn't win the race she has really improved from today's very first walk.


I see so very much of myself as a child in my beautiful girl and this actually makes me sad, because she has my "abilities", but also happy because I have a chance to help her build confidence and skills at a much younger age.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me your comments! I love to read and respond to them all :)