For the past week I have been surrounded by snotty noses, coughing, watery eyes, sneezing and ear-infected little people and now I have just a touch of their germs :(
I think its kind of becoming a pattern though - I always seem to catch a cold in the week preceding a big day at the races that I plan on attending! This Saturday is our biggest Winter Race day of the year and I certainly plan on being there - cold or no cold! I may just change my outfit and make sure I'm extra warm and cosy.
Fitness
My big girl was excited about starting to train for her Cross Country, but woke up on Thursday morning quite unwell, so we haven't been back out since. (It's been windy, cold & rainy as well so not ideal weather to be outside in even if everyone was 100% healthy). Today is her first day back at school so if she has coped ok with a full school day, we may venture out this afternoon.
But, tomorrow I am heading up to town and going to look at a treadmill. My brother's girlfriend works at an appliance rental store and they also rent out fitness equipment on a rent-to-buy basis. So tomorrow I'm going to go see her and have a chat about it all. My only real dilemma with this is that I will be paying $20 per week for the next 2 years, walking away with a treadmill... but what if I only use it for a month and then lose interest or something?
I guess I'm worried because I had an exercise bike once and despite it sitting on my veranda, I never used it... It was incredibly uncomfortable and perhaps it was because it was outside and I didn't have room in my lounge for it?
More to contemplate...
Clothing
After spending 4 days solid at home with little people barely making it out of their PJ's and me not much better, I was so excited to get dressed again today and feel a little bit chic and clean and healthy!
I realised there was a reason this Linen button through shirt was in the back of my cupboard though - my goodness it creased the moment I even thought about wearing it! And of course, being in and out of the car with the seat belt on, and just running around town this morning means I look far from polished at the moment, but I'm ok with that! It's just reminded me that when I buy a better fitting white button through, to make sure its NOT linen!
(Ignore the hair!! Its windy out today so its all dishevelled LOL!)
It wasn't so cold today, so a cami, long sleeve linen top and this baby-cord jacket were quite sufficient.
In other clothing related happenings, I've been mulling over what to do with my Inspiration Board. I love it but its not really the type of thing I wanted to have hanging on my wardrobe door when I have a house inspection or friends over etc... its very much "mine" and quite personal.
So, yesterday, I pulled it all apart!! I've now put all the images into a display folder and separated them into categories. Now I can flip through my "book" in the specific season I'm in, or at the particular area I'm looking at (shoes!!), and its all nicely contained. The beauty of this is that the folder can be added to as I desire and I can also easily cull looks that no longer speak to me.
Today's outfit was actually inspired by two images in the Winter section - and without them being specifically put in that category I don't know that I would have actually found the inspiration in them - they were just part of an overall feel that my board had, but now they are specific outfits.
YAY!!
Spending



0 comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for leaving me your comments! I love to read and respond to them all :)