Firstly... I need to introduce Billy the Bike :) I'd been hoping for a bike for Mothers Day, but alas, it didn't come to fruition, so last week, whilst driving past the local secondhand store I spotted a couple of bikes. The shop has only been open about a month and in the past when I've seen bikes they've sold within about an hour of being on display, so I wasn't holding much hope.
BUT - Billy was obviously meant to be mine!!! Now he is VERY rusty, has a broken rear deraileur thingy (which doesn't bother me cos I really only wanted a single speed anyway!), needs new brake cables & pads, and a good service... but you know what, for $10 I was totally ok with that!
And even without addressing any of those things, we've still been on a few little outings and I love my Billy :) In fact, this weekend the girls are with their Dad and I intend on taking Billy for a longer ride than usual - wish me luck - I hope a tyre doesn't blow or something when I'm miles from home LOL
What else...
I've been busy with uni - my final submission is due in ONE WEEK's time... I was almost completely done, then had an idea, so am now adding a whole other element to my work... yep, I must be insane LOL I've enrolled in my next unit so that will start on May 30th.
Kidlets have been sick :( We've had another bout of pneumonia, a throat infection, dealing with trialling new asthma medications and the general fatigue and crankiness that comes with being sick...
Due to my big girls Multiple Chemical Sensitivity, we've also had some issues with school - over the Easter holidays they replaced the carpet and painted her classroom - all very bad news for someone as sensitive as Miss E. So for the last 3 weeks, she's been displaced from her classroom while we wait for the carpet and paint to offgas some more before she is safe to go back in. It's been an emotional time for her, and for the very first time in her entire almost-7 years of living with food and chemical sensitivities, she broke down and sobbed her little heart out because "I just wish I wasn't allergic to so much stuff"... Heart breaking stuff for her and mummy.
But you know what, despite how busy it's been, life is good :) I'm happy, it's finally gotten colder here and I've broken out some of my winter clothes, girls are mostly happy - what more could I ask for?



0 comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for leaving me your comments! I love to read and respond to them all :)