CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Technology!

I've been both praising and cursing technology a lot lately!!

I have to say right from the outset that I am not one of those techno guru's that is ahead of the curve and has all the cool gizmo's and gadget's, yet at the same time I'm not a complete techno-phobe... but I think I'm closer to the latter LOL

What started me on this path to musing about technology was my uni course.

Without the technology of today, I simply wouldn't be able to do a course like this - it relies upon email, internet, modern software, digital camera's.. heck we even have a Facebook group!

So for all those reasons alone, I am eternally grateful for technology.  This course has brought so much joy to my life that I can't even remember what I was like before February!  Of course, technology also allows me to write the blog, read others blogs, shop, be inspired, learn, stay in touch, and share my life with my loved ones.

BUT, the thing I'm finding is that it's almost like technology begets more technology...  For example, due to the format of uni, a lot of our readings are PDF's posted in our online subject.  Now I don't know about anyone else, but I HATE reading for long on the computer.  I get eye strain easily, I get bored, and lose interest...  I am old fashioned and like the feel of paper in my hands to read, but I also feel incredibly bad about the amount of trees I am cutting down...

So, after much dithering, I decided to buy a simple (and cheap!) e-book reader.  Yes, its still a screen to read from, but at least I can curl up on the couch and have the feeling of something in my hands when I read.  And so far, so good.  I have at least finished one whole reading this way!  It was nothing flash, but considering I have ZERO desire to have a predominately electronic library, I'm happy with that!  And as a bonus, this one even comes with 100 classic books on it - so if I ever decide to read them and actually lose some of my disliking for non-paper-reading, I may upgrade... but I'm not prepared to do that yet...

Technology has been giving me headaches and joy at the same time - who'd have though LOL!!

In other news... Miss G was 5 yesterday, so we had a lovely day of celebrations.

This is the last week of Term 1 for school, and we finish tomorrow with Day 2 of our School Sports Carnival.  My darlings aren't the most sporty types, are completely exhausted from such a long term and so much excitement this week, and aren't all that keen on going tomorrow... but they only have to run their little short sprints and do some relay races so I'm sure they'll survive.

And I have just submitted my "Mothers Day Wishlist" to the girls Dad!!!  Number 1 on my list was the bike I have finally ended up deciding I want...  so hopefully my constant trips to the bike section of the shop to show the girls which one I like, and all my constant talk of saving for it etc, will have brainwashed them enough that they pester their Dad into buying it for me LOL!!!!  Well, if he does, great, but if not I won't be upset - I almost have enough saved to buy it myself :) 

So now, it's off to bed for me... school sports days are as exhausting for me as the little people - I am NOT used to spending so much time in the sun, surrounded by 240 cheering, excited kids, teachers who are trying to keep everyone organised, and the chaos that ensues LOL  I come home and need a good lie down :)

Hopefully I'll make it through tomorrow and be back here soon!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me your comments! I love to read and respond to them all :)