CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 16, 2011

Billy & I aren't talking...

On Saturday we had a little bit of a disagreement... we hit a bit of soft dirt (on the freshly graded road), and even though I wanted to plough on through, he had other ideas... so now I have skin missing from my butt to my ankle on one leg, my right wrist is in its brace, and I'm feeling a little stiff and sore... BUT thank goodness there were no witnesses LOL!!!

My wrist is dodgy to begin with - I dislocated my thumb about 15 years ago, and ever since then, the whole region has been very touchy - I get RSI really easily in the joint, and the cold weather often makes it flare up, so when I put my hand out to save myself, I've jarred my poor wrist quite badly.  Well, I think that's all I've done.  The girls have a Dr's appt this afternoon so I'll get it checked while I'm there.

So, once my wrist is better, I'll have to go for another ride and teach Billy that he must do what I say!!  It'll work won't it?!?!

I also forgot to mention the other day that I've quite sugar!  Holy Moly... how did a sugarholic like me mange to even conceive the idea, let alone do it?!?  Well, I read a book called "Sweet Poison" by David Gillespie, and knowing that fruits & veg that are higher in fructose than glucose REALLY affect both the girls and myself, it made sense to try his theory.

On Mother's Day I woke up and decided I would quit sugar...  Well, not really quit as in never have a trace of it ever, but limit it to no more than 10g per day.  And you know what, its been surprisingly easy....

I've stopped having sugar in my black tea, and started drinking more herbal teas anyway, instead of snacking on chocolate and cake, I'm snacking on potato chips and savoury things, eating more protein in the form of eggs and cheese and really, that's about it!

The F&V that we have in our house is all low in fructose anyway, so that didn't need modifying, and the other things I eat, like oats for breakfast or pasta for dinner are fine.

I'm on day 9 at the moment, and feeling fine.  I haven't had any massive cravings, I haven't really missed out on anything.  At the moment, seeing as I'm probably going through withdrawal, I've been a bit tired, but also unable to sleep, but I can live with that.  And I had 1 night of an upset tummy - possibly a die off from all the nasty things that live in our guts and thrive on sugar!

Once I get through 3-4 weeks of this, I'll start to clean up my diet a bit, and try a few more gluten free recipes and see how I go, so for now I'm consuming some wheat but not enough to cause major problems.

I'm actually in shock that I've been able to do this, not only so easily, but without even really noticing!

Oh, and so far, I've lost about 1kg - I don't need to lose weight but a kg or two won't hurt.  I've also noticed I'm not hungry ALL the time... although because it's been cold, I have been wanting to snack out of habit rather than hunger.

We'll see how long it lasts though LOL

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me your comments! I love to read and respond to them all :)