Isn't it funny how our priorities can change almost overnight!
At the beginning of the year, after being a Mum, my main priority was creating a wardrobe full of the most perfect (for me) mix and match items, and building up my shoe collection... I really just wanted to be able to go to my wardrobe every single day, know that I loved everything in there, and have no problems getting dressed for the days.
That still is important to me, but has definitely been relegated a little lower down the priority list these days!
Now, being a Mum is still number 1, but after that, comes my Uni studies and living my life to the full from a creative perspective. I think this may have been what I was instinctively trying to do through my wardrobe building... I just didn't know that it was an underlying need to be creative. My wardrobe still needs work, but it's going to have to wait!
Since starting uni, I am actually overwhelmed at how much better I feel about my life and how much more "truly me" I feel - being creative and artistic is absolutely a core part of me, and I now see just how important it is to me. Sure, I've known I need to be creative to feel good, but I didn't realise just how much it contributed to my sense of self.
I took a leap of faith that doing this course would be good for me... it's certainly paid off! I now can't wait to finish the degree (hmmm going to have to work on my patience a tad LOL)!
My second submission is due by Monday morning, so I'm working crazily hard at the moment, but loving every second of it!
Oh and for assessment #1, I received a Distinction (76%)! Initially I was disappointed because I thought 76% sounded bad... then I realised it was actually a Distinction, and probably the equivalent of a B back in high school. I also read the tutors & other students comments and realised that my work was actually at the higher end of the spectrum. So now I feel much better about my mark and am hoping this submission receives at least as good a result... and typically, the over-achiever in me wants better!
Some of my Uni Creativity
15 years ago


0 comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for leaving me your comments! I love to read and respond to them all :)