CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Wow, its been a while since I last wrote!

Miss 5 started school and absolutely LOVES it! Even told me she didn't want it to be the weekend on her first Friday afternoon because she wanted to go back to school LOL. She has been VERY tired though!

Miss 3 has also started kindy, and although they have a very staggered start so isn't quite full on yet, she seems to be enjoying herself.

And me, well I've done a few things I never thought I would! My brothers took me Pistol Shooting one Saturday afternoon... certainly an interesting experience. Growing up on a farm meant that I wasn't remotely queasy about being around a gun, and I wasn't really phased by that aspect of it, but it was certainly a lot more difficult that I expected and the pistol weighed a lot more than I thought it would too.

But, it made me realise that this year I have done a number of things I wouldn't normally do...

  • I went to my first ever B & S
  • I went to my first bull ride at one of our local pubs (I'be been to plenty before, but not at this location - its kind of the *home* to this sort of thing here)
  • I've been pistol shooting
I think I'm going to try and keep this up - keep trying new things... The B&S was fabulous fun (well, what I remember of it LOL), the bull ride was a bit of a let down - far more hype than it deserved, and the shooting was interesting. So despite the fact that all these activities weren't super exciting, I'm proud that I've now tried these things and have had the experience.

I think in addition to having more fun this year, I'm going to try to keep doing things I haven't done before.

I'm also having a massive cleaning/decluttering burst at the moment! I'm completely sick of clutter, still have boxes here that I haven't unpacked from when we moved in October, and just feel like I have too much stuff.

So far I have 2 bags of clothes and a box of books/toys to give away, a few nicer items of clothes that I'm going to sell on ebay, several large garbage bags of just plain rubbish... and I've hardly started!

I've decided that each morning that Miss 3 is at kindy I am going to do a little bit more - its much easier without any helpers!!

I'm also re-assessing some of the goals I had set myself - I think I'm reevaluating a lot of things at the moment, so I think I might be setting myself some new goals soon...

I think the next few weeks are going to be rather busy, and then in March I have a very busy social life, so I'm really looking forward to the coming weeks!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me your comments! I love to read and respond to them all :)