Eilleen always seems to post things that really resonate with me, and her latest post has been no exception!
I think her post has clarified in my own mind a bit more of my reasoning for my image makeover and also made me realise what was holding me back.
These days I do think people tend to be very focused on the image they are portraying, but I'm not convinced the image portrayed is necessarily true to the person - rather, I suspect its more likely to be an image the person believes will bring them popularity, happiness, success, or whatever other thing it is they are seeking.
I know in the past I have certainly been a victim of this way of thinking - I would often wear clothes and do things, when I was a teenager, that I was doing purely to attempt to fit in. And even in my early adulthood, I believe I did this as well.
But, recently I have been really finding out more and more about the real me, and hence, have been wanting an image makeover to portray the real me. The thing is though, this is entirely for me - I want to feel like I'm being true to me in all aspects of my life. Previously I felt all out of sync - I didn't live the life, or look, or feel like I was being true to the me that was inside...
And after reading Eilleen's post, I have realised that I have been slowly incorporating more of the real me into my wardrobe, but not truly embracing it. And you know why? Because I was a bit concerned that I would have to deal with comments on my changes - thinking other people cared or even noticed.
This post on a fabulous blog I have been reading, You Look Fab (written by a Personal Style Consultant), also comments on the reasons that often hold people back on changing their style. The idea of people really noticing me has definitely been an issue for me in the past - I'm quite introverted and private and don't want to be the centre of attention.
In reality though, no one has probably even noticed, so I think I'm going to fully embrace the changes from now on. If I feel like wearing heels to drop the girls to school/kindy then I will - even if none of the other mothers do it!
Actually, if I really think about it, the past 4 weeks has seen me interacting with people who have never met me before (new school and kindy!), so it really is the perfect time to incorporate all the changes I want because they don't know the old me anyway - even if they were going to notice LOL
When I think about it, the only person who has made any comments at all has been my youngest brother - I was dressed to go shopping one weekend and he commented that I looked colour co-ordinated - I think it was actually his way of complimenting me LOL
If I feel really brave I may even post some pics of my outfits here!
Some of my Uni Creativity
15 years ago


0 comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for leaving me your comments! I love to read and respond to them all :)